Tooth Roughness

Why does the back of my tooth feel rough?

Query: Hello doctor, About three weeks ago I noticed the backs of only one of my teeth was rough. It has not gotten worse but it has not gotten any less rough after I brush it. On my third tooth forward from my 13 years old molars.   Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The roughness of back teeth should not be a problem. It could be a reason of aggressive tooth brushing or using any aggressive toothpaste or any trauma. If the same tooth becomes sensitive to cold or hot or sweet food then it should be concerned. If you quickly rub thro...  Read Full »

Is it possible to clean the tooth without removing the enamel?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a bad habit of chewing pan masala, due to which my teeth turned red and looked bad. I went to the dentist to clean my teeth, what he did is, he took a very fine sharp, toothbrush like driller, and rubbed it over my teeth, that instrument sprinkles some liquid as well. After some t...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to say you that, is the right machine which all dentists use to clean the teeth. It is called ultrasonic scaler, and it sprays water and not some other liquid. I saw the picture you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient ident...  Read Full »

I have painless flap for three weeks in cheek near saliva hole. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a kind of flap in my mouth since three weeks in the inner left cheek near the saliva hole. At the beginning, it was bright red with light pain when I put my tongue on it, and now, the flap is the same color than the rest of my mouth and painless. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In the absence of pain, it seems to be a case of fibroma, a non-benign lesion and you need not worry about that. This can be due to trauma, bite or sharp tooth or broken tooth in the area. However, I need to rule out the possibility of stone in duct and tooth. Can you...  Read Full »

How can I fix the tooth sharpness after dental bonding?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not satisfied with dental bonding done on the front left tooth. Enamel was removed to make room for the composite resin and the enamel is now too thin and feels sharp to the tongue's touch because of this. Shape and feel is not consistent with the natural front right tooth. Is th...  Read Full »

Dr. Osman Adam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your query, I believe it will be easy to solve that problem you have, just a little bit of enamel sharpness or roughness can usually come from a previous bonded composite filling done especially at anterior teeth. So at that time, you should go to a cosmeti...  Read Full »

How long will it take for roughness to go after teeth whitening?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a teeth whitening at the dentist office which was done with a light and some paste put on my teeth. The light was on for 10 minutes and then new paste was added. This was done three times. The Dentist then confirmed that the process was successful and the teeth became 3 to 4 shade...  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This roughness will go eventually. In some people, it goes in a week or in two depending upon the tooth quality. Do not worry, just make sure you maintain your oral hygiene properly. And if it does not go, well, then I would suggest you visit your dentist once again ...  Read Full »