Q. Why is there roughness in the back of my tooth?

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 14, 2019

About three weeks ago I noticed the backs of only one of my teeth was rough. It has not gotten worse but it has not gotten any less rough after I brush it. On my third tooth forward from my 13 years old molars.

#

The roughness of back teeth should not be a problem. It could be a reason of aggressive tooth brushing or using any aggressive toothpaste or any trauma. If the same tooth becomes sensitive to cold or hot or sweet food then it should be concerned. If you quickly rub through your tongue and the tooth feels rough, it can be fixed by easy chairside polishing when you visit your dentist.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

Can crowding cause severe gum recession?

Query: Hi doctor, This afternoon I noticed some pretty severe gum recession on my left lower cuspid (approximately 5 mm). As far as I can tell, it is the only tooth with any signs of gum recession, and I think it might be due to crowding (my lateral incisor and first bicuspid are slightly behind and might...  Read Full »

I am having tooth sensitivity and bad breath. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling sensitivity in my teeth and my mouth smells as well. What should I do?  Read Full »

Have my gums receded because of placing smokeless tobacco in the same spot for years?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 32-year-old male. I have used a smokeless tobacco called Swedish Snus for going on four years now, always in the same spot. My gums have severely receded in this area. I am otherwise healthy. I recently made an appointment with a periodontist but I am terrified I may have gum can...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»