Q. Why is there roughness in the back of my tooth?

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 14, 2019

About three weeks ago I noticed the backs of only one of my teeth was rough. It has not gotten worse but it has not gotten any less rough after I brush it. On my third tooth forward from my 13 years old molars.

#

The roughness of back teeth should not be a problem. It could be a reason of aggressive tooth brushing or using any aggressive toothpaste or any trauma. If the same tooth becomes sensitive to cold or hot or sweet food then it should be concerned. If you quickly rub through your tongue and the tooth feels rough, it can be fixed by easy chairside polishing when you visit your dentist.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|