Tooth Sensitivity

How to correct edge to edge contact in front tooth and hairline crack in tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have my upper and lower jaw front end teeth with edge to edge contact. And I have my lower front teeth with hairline crack and I am getting sensitivity and little pain. Is it possible to keep a clip at this position? What will be the procedure and my lower premolars are bending towa...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need an orthodontic treatment to correct the edge to edge bite. The treatment may continue up to a year or more. The fractured tooth if reaches the pulp chamber it might need an extraction, and if not it will need root canal procedure. The extent of fracture wil...  Read Full »

I have a big cavity in tooth. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am going to the dentist soon and I know I have a cavity and I think it is pretty big- it is easily noticeable. And I am just nervous because it is probably obvious that I do not brush- the bristles are always a really weird texture for me and I just do not want anyone to be mad at m...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As a human we all carry some kinds of secrets or fear back in our head. I felt glad as you have the courage to admit that, most people cannot. So be proud of that. I think you need a scaling too, as you have not brushed for a long time its leads to swollen gingiv...  Read Full »

I am having toothache after biting ice. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I crunched a hard piece of ice a week ago and those few teeth (left corner teeth) were a bit sore since but starting sunday the pain became increasingly intense (I put a solid clove in my teeth for about 30 minutes and it helped the pain but as soon as I took the clove out the pain retu...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually ice leads to transient sensitivity but actually has zero role upon your infection. It might be a gum propblem (periodontitis). Let me know if you notice visible stain and tartar on your tooth or it might be caries that leads to infection and sensitivity ...  Read Full »

How to get rid of aches and sensitivity due to tooth cavities?

Query: Cavity on the front teeth. Sensitivity. Sudden aches in the front teeth. There are dents on my front teeth. These dents have lasted for more than a year. And visible cavity between two teeth. Sensitivity and gum redness happens but rarely.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to ICLINIQ This is your Dentist - I went through your query and the image attached , its been very tough for you as those tooths seems to be in a preety bad shape. Please donot worry . What has happened is you have a cavity between your left upper central incissor and lateral inci...  Read Full »

Is there any gel to suppress tooth sensitivity due to fallen tooth filling?

Query: Hello doctor, I take Sompraz D20 on an empty stomach every day. I also take Libotryp at night for stomach TB for the last one year. I have pain in my lower teeth while eating anything. One year ago a small cavity was also detected for which I underwent airbrushing and filling. I suspect that the fi...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. See, the first thing that I need to know is that, is whether the pain is present in a single tooth or multiple teeth? As you mentioned in your question that the filling has come out, so please make it clear that is the tooth that has lost filling is painful ...  Read Full »

My molars are suddenly sensitive to cold water only. Should I concern about it?

Query: Hello doctor, My molars are suddenly sensitive to cold water only. Should I concern about it?  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does call for concern no doubt, but you need to be careful now with that tooth at least. Sensitivity means your tooth's outer layer has been eroded, so you need to take care of a few things, 1. Do not over brush that tooth or tooth in that area. 2. Avoid taking ...  Read Full »

Why does the back of my tooth feel rough?

Query: Hello doctor, About three weeks ago I noticed the backs of only one of my teeth was rough. It has not gotten worse but it has not gotten any less rough after I brush it. On my third tooth forward from my 13 years old molars.   Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The roughness of back teeth should not be a problem. It could be a reason of aggressive tooth brushing or using any aggressive toothpaste or any trauma. If the same tooth becomes sensitive to cold or hot or sweet food then it should be concerned. If you quickly rub thro...  Read Full »

My 7-year-old had a filling a month ago and has pain in it now. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,My 7-year-old child had a small filling about a month ago in his top premolar (baby tooth). Two weeks later he said it hurts a little when biting and with temperature. I have taken him to two different pediatric dentists who did X-rays and did not see any cracks in the filling or infect...  Read Full »

Dr. Smitha Yalavarthy

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly it is not a premolar but a deciduous molar, as premolars are absent in baby's dentition. And please check if the baby is having sensitivity or pain. There is a small difference between the two, which we can differentiate while a baby cannot. If the cavity is ...  Read Full »

Is it possible to clean the tooth without removing the enamel?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a bad habit of chewing pan masala, due to which my teeth turned red and looked bad. I went to the dentist to clean my teeth, what he did is, he took a very fine sharp, toothbrush like driller, and rubbed it over my teeth, that instrument sprinkles some liquid as well. After some t...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to say you that, is the right machine which all dentists use to clean the teeth. It is called ultrasonic scaler, and it sprays water and not some other liquid. I saw the picture you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient ident...  Read Full »

I have sensitivity even after wearing a crown for it. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My dentist went for a crown for my molar because my molar was too sensitive. Now the sensitivity has reduced but not gone completely. My crown was fixed before two years. What can I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Crowning the tooth could not be a solution for sensitivity, and moreover, you say that you still feel the tooth to be sensitive. There is a high chance that the molar with the crown is not the culprit. Also, the sensitivity could be for two reasons. 1. Enamel wear e...  Read Full »