Q. Is there a natural way to cure black and sensitive tooth?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Published on Apr 15, 2019

The tooth has become black and feeling sensitivity while chewing and when having some cold and sweet feeling like it is due to the cavity. Can I reduce it naturally?

#

I had gone through your question and I can understand your concern.

As per your history, it looks that you are having reversible pulpitis, that means there is a cavity in progression. If you will get it filled, sensitivity will go and there will be no further decay. If you left it as it may lead to your infection, then you have to get it root canaled or extracted. You can use desensitizing toothpaste but this is temporary. You can also avoid it by not taking hot or cold or sweet food but all these are temporary provision. My opinion is to visit a dentist and get it filled as soon as possible.

I am having tooth sensitivity and bad breath. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling sensitivity in my teeth and my mouth smells as well. What should I do?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As stated by you this seems to be the case of gums disease commonly called pyorrhoea.  Read Full

Due to negligence, I did not get RCT done and have pain now. Has the infection spread?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my tooth checked up last year, and the doctor told me to go for an OPG as he was planning for a root canal therapy. But due to severe negligence and work, I could not do that. It is almost a year now, and tonight I am having a painful time. Please tell me whether there is a chan...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history and associated symptoms, it looks like you have now acute pulpitis leading to acute apical periodontitis. That means because of open pulp chamber, it is now infected. You need to take antibiotics and analgesics for this one. In case you do not have ...  Read Full

Can gum be brought back to its original position after recession?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I have a tongue side gum recession in lower front six teeth. I am feeling sensitivity and my teeth are slightly mobile. I have gum receding near about 6 mm. Can gum be again gained to its original position? What should I do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your gum recession is not very severe. You just have to get scaling done at every 8 to 10 months time period. And for sensitivity, use Protect (Potassium Nitrate) mouthwash for sensitivity for one month twice a day. And do saltwater mouthrinses before sleeping for two w...  Read Full