Q. Is there a natural way to cure black and sensitive tooth?

Answered by Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M


Do you have a question on Tooth Sensitivity or Tooth Cavity? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hello doctor,

The tooth has become black and feeling sensitivity while chewing and when having some cold and sweet feeling like it is due to the cavity. Can I reduce it naturally?

Related Questions:
I have a small gum abscess. What has to be done?
I have severe pain after a deep cavity filling. What is wrong?
Are silver fillings hazardous to health?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I had gone through your question and I can understand your concern.

As per your history, it looks that you are having reversible pulpitis, that means there is a cavity in progression. If you will get it filled, sensitivity will go and there will be no further decay. If you left it as it may lead to your infection, then you have to get it root canaled or extracted. You can use desensitizing toothpaste but this is temporary. You can also avoid it by not taking hot or cold or sweet food but all these are temporary provision. My opinion is to visit a dentist and get it filled as soon as possible.

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Related Questions & Answers

I am having tooth sensitivity and bad breath. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling sensitivity in my teeth and my mouth smells as well. What should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Deepti Jakhmola

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As stated by you this seems to be the case of gums disease commonly called pyorrhoea.  Read Full »
Due to negligence, I did not get RCT done and have pain now. Has the infection spread?
Query: Hello doctor, I had my tooth checked up last year, and the doctor told me to go for an OPG as he was planning for a root canal therapy. But due to severe negligence and work, I could not do that. It is almost a year now, and tonight I am having a painful time. Please tell me whether there is a chan...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history and associated symptoms, it looks like you have now acute pulpitis leading to acute apical periodontitis. That means because of open pulp chamber, it is now infected. You need to take antibiotics and analgesics for this one. In case you do not have ...  Read Full »
Can gum be brought back to its original position after recession?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I have a tongue side gum recession in lower front six teeth. I am feeling sensitivity and my teeth are slightly mobile. I have gum receding near about 6 mm. Can gum be again gained to its original position? What should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your gum recession is not very severe. You just have to get scaling done at every 8 to 10 months time period. And for sensitivity, use Protect (Potassium Nitrate) mouthwash for sensitivity for one month twice a day. And do saltwater mouthrinses before sleeping for two w...  Read Full »

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Most Viewed

Streakiness seen in X-ray of lower lung. Could this be IPF?
Hello doctor, I am a 62-year-old male. I went for a routine X-ray, and the radiologist found some streakiness in the lo ...Read more »
How can I manage headache and depression caused due to abuse?
Hello doctor, I am very much feeling depressed due to some health issues. I am having a constant headache due to abuse. ...Read more »
Meprate 10 MG Tablet - Uses, Side Effects, Substitutes, Compositions, Dosage
Meprate is a progestin (a form of progesterone), which is used as a contraceptive pill. It inhibits ovulation by inhibit ...Read more »

Also Read Answers From