Q. After delivery, how long should I wait to get my tooth pulled?

Dr. Honey Nandwani
This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 25 year old female. I am 9 months pregnant with a severe toothache. My question is after delivery, how long do I have to wait to get my tooth pulled out?

#

• You can go for tooth extraction in a week or two after child birth as the amount of local anesthesia that can reach the breast milk is very less and does not cause any serious complication.
  • However, you should once consult a neonatologist or your obstetrician and gynecologist to confirm depending on the medical health of your newborn. And then, you can proceed for extraction without any worries.

All the best for your delivery.

For further doubts consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|