Q. After delivery, how long should I wait to get my tooth pulled?

Dr. Honey Arora
Published on May 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 25 year old female. I am 9 months pregnant with a severe toothache. My question is after delivery, how long do I have to wait to get my tooth pulled out?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentistry Oral Implantologist
#

• You can go for tooth extraction in a week or two after child birth as the amount of local anesthesia that can reach the breast milk is very less and does not cause any serious complication.
  • However, you should once consult a neonatologist or your obstetrician and gynecologist to confirm depending on the medical health of your newborn. And then, you can proceed for extraction without any worries.

All the best for your delivery.

For further doubts consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

How long does numbness last after tooth extraction?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, I had a wisdom tooth extraction. Still, I feel tongue numbness. What is the solution?  Read Full >>

Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The tongue numbness is caused by nerve injury or irritation at the time of giving local anesthesia before your tooth removal or even due to the closeness of the roots of your tooth to the nerve bundle. However, this is usually transient and there is a gradual recovery of ...  Read Full

HSG report shows some problem in left fallopian tube. Can I conceive naturally?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I have gone for all relevant test for checking infertility. My AMH and thyroid report are both normal. My HSG report is showing issues about the left tube. I am attaching my report kindly review and let me know if I can conceive naturally or next what should I do?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The HSG (hysterosalpingogram) report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows that there is a left sided cornual block of the left fallopian tube but the right is patent, so pregnancy is possible, but that would depend on the ovarian side which ovulates...  Read Full

What is causing frequent miscarriages?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had four miscarriages in a row. One had a subchronic hematoma. Is there a reason for this or a way to stop? I have given live births but now I cannot keep a child. What can I do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Recurrent miscarriages need to be investigated actually. You had live births but now had four consecutive miscarriages. It is better to have a thrombophilia screen and products of conception needed to be send out for histopathology to check any chromosomal, congenital, st...  Read Full