Q. I feel pain in my lower tooth when it is pressed with the upper tooth or after chewing. Please help.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 09, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

After taking a meal, when I press my tooth with an upper tooth, I feel the pain. Normally, it does not cause pain but after eating it occurs. Please help.

#

Kindly upload an image of the painful tooth. Once I see, I will let you know the cause and walk you through the management needed to resolve it.

Let me know whether any hard food or accidental bite upon a rice stone that might lead to a facture through and through, they tend to get separated upon application of pressure from the upper jaw and pain is felt.

Another possibility will be simple caries and pulpal involvement. Pain aries upon food deposition and application of pressure. It is known as apical periodontitis. So I need to see the tooth and determine the exact situation. Keep the mouth dry and click an image of the painful tooth. You may use flash for better clarity. Mark the painful tooth.

For now, take tablet Ibuprofen sos, Betaine mouthwash gargle in lukewarm water, and Colgate Pain out ointment.

Rest medication and management once I see the image. Do not use any needle or something to clean the food lodgement. Use a toothbrush and brush the area instead.

|