Q. I have pain and sensitivity in my tooth due to cavity. Is it normal?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I am 14 years old. I have pain in my canine tooth due to a cavity. I have a sensitivity problem when I brush my teeth and when I eat ice cream. Is it normal?

#

If you have not filled the tooth and if there is sensitivity in the tooth, then it will not have a long term. It takes a month to have a formation of secondary dentine. So for one month, you must not eat too hot or too cold foods. Please mention about the treatment taken for the tooth. If you have filled the tooth, then there is no need to worry. It subsides with time. Kindly fill your teeth soon. If it is not filled, then you can have continuous pain in the tooth. You can also try using a desensitizing toothpaste.

|