Q. Kindly explain the methods to treat toothache permanently.

Answered by
Dr. Beryl Fredrick
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
Published on Jan 16, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 21, 2020

Hi doctor,

I have severe toothache and worm teeth. Please let me know the medicines I need to be used to cure it permanently.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern.

Unfortunately, there is no medicine to cure tooth decay without dental treatment.

Tooth has three layers, outer enamel, dentin, and innermost never layer. When decay starts in the enamel layer, it does not show any symptoms other than a visible black spot on the tooth. At this stage, a simple tooth filling can be done. But if left untreated, it progresses through the dentin and when it reaches nerve layer it starts to give out the pain. This is when a simple filling cannot be done. A root canal treatment and crown procedure will be the only option to save the tooth.

Taking painkillers will help control the pain but it does nothing to cure the decay. It can only be manually treated by removing them. Please visit your dentist and start treatment immediately. I hope this helps.

For further queries, I would be happy to help. Good day!

Was this answer helpful?


Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Do I need a root canal if there is no pain?

Query: Hello doctor,Approximately one year back, my left chewing tooth got a small hole due to something which I bit. So, that became a tooth decay, over there it looks black. I recently consulted a dentist. So, he suggested a root canal but I do not have any pain nor loose of teeth and also I am afraid of...  Read Full »

Can root canal treatment be done on a small kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-1/2-year-old son has a problem with four teeth (front, above) and doctors are suggesting RCT (root canal treatment). Here are my questions. Can RCT be done for such a small child? Will it affect his next teeth at around 7 years of age? Is there any alternate for RCT ...  Read Full »

Can calcium hydroxide cause toothache while root canal treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a crown in one of my teeth on the lower left bottom. The crown came off. I went to the dentist who suggested root canal even when I did not have any problem. The root canal was completed and the crown was placed. After a few days, my teeth used to pain only on consuming hot wate...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dentist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.