Q. Kindly tell me the management for toothache associated with decay.

Dr. Tooba Qazi

I have tooth decay for the past five weeks and it is causing a lot of pain. Please help.

#

Your tooth enamel chipped off, exposing dentin and inner layers of the tooth. This might have opened root nerves too and that is why you are having pain. Start taking tablet Brufen 400 mg twice a day for three days.

If the pain gets relieved by it, it means there is no deep infection and tooth may be restored by filling. But if pain persists after leaving medication it means root is exposed and now root canal treatment is the only option you are left with. I can tell exactly if you can provide me with a radiograph. Stay happy and blessed. Take care.

|