Q. My upper front tooth feels a little sore after I hit it with a bottle. What to do?

Dr. Blake Louscher
I hit my upper front tooth with a bottle whilst taking a drink from a bottle and banged my lip. It didn't feel very hard at the time although it did break the skin on my upper lip. But after 2 days my upper lip and nostrils have felt a bit numb and tingly.
My tooth is feeling a little sore (achy) but is not sensitive or wobbly.
#

I'm sorry to hear your tooth and lip got a little banged up. I hope whatever you were drinking was worth it ;). It is very normal for the tooth to still have an achy feeling-- sort of like a bruise. It would be expected that this might last about a week. I would expect the same timeline for the lip/nose tingly sensation. I'm glad to hear the tooth is not mobile or sensitive. Those are very good signs.

My advise would be to give this another week to heal and I am confident you nose, lip, and tooth will be feeling back to normal. I do not suspect this, but very rarely you can cause some damage to the tooth when it is "bumped" in a hard manner. Keep an eye out for any color changes with that tooth, like darkening, and if you notice this please see a dentist in person as the tooth may have a dead nerve which could require a root canal. Again, from what you have explained I do not think this is the case for you. Do your best to not use the front tooth for a day or two to speed up healing!

|