Q. Please suggest some medicines to get relief from severe toothache.

Dr. Mohammad Emranul Islam
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 07, 2021

I have a severe toothache. I have done a root canal treatment already. I am unable to have treatment now due to this pandemic. Please suggest some medication to reduce my pain.

#

A root canal-treated tooth will not have pain if the treatment was done perfectly. You can have a development of infection below the roots of the tooth and so it causes severe pain. There are other causes such as gum infection, infection of tooth supporting tissues, or pain of the neighboring tooth. Kindly send a picture of the affected area and a dental X-ray along with it. Please mention when you got your root canal treatment. For now, take some painkillers for having relief.

You can take tablet Ketorolac 10 mg twice a day after meals and tablet Ranitidine 150 mg twice daily before meals.

|