Q. Please suggest some medicines to get relief from severe toothache.

Dr. Mohammad Emranul Islam
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 15, 2020

I got a severe toothache which I was already done a root canal treatment I couldn't found any dental care due to corona virus can you please suggest some prescription to get a relief from the pain

#

Hello, welcome to icliniq. Thank you for sending your query. A tooth, after root canal treatment, should not cause any pain if the treatment is done perfectly. But if not, there might be development of infection below the root of the tooth and cause severe pain. There are other causes of pain like infection of gum or the tooth supporting tissues or dental pain of neighboring tooth but you thought it was from the root canal treated tooth. Please revert with a picture of the affected area and a dental x-ray if you can do it. Please let me know how long had you done the root canal treatment. In the mean time, I can advise you some painkillers for relief.

1. Tab ketorolac (10mg)
two times daily after meal
2. Tab Ranitidine (150mg)
two times daily before meal

|