Q. What causes pain in the mouth while chewing?

Dr. Ummah Mohammad
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Sep 05, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 09, 2019

Since the age of 6 to 18 (current) I have had sharp pains in my mouth whenever I use my chewing teeth. No cavities whatsoever. I do not know what is the problem. And the pain is on and off. What is the problem?

#

Possibilities are many:

1. There might be fractured teeth.

2. There might be sinus problems.

3. There might be condylar or TMJ problems.

4. Might this be related to the nerves.

I suggest you go to a good oral and maxillofacial surgeon or an endodontist. Different test reports can tell what the actual problem is because your problem is not on the surface, it is in-depth, so radiological reports are a must. Do revert back for more queries. Follow up with X-ray and other related reports.

Can sinusitis cause bad breath?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a persistent bad breath and bad taste in my mouth. I have excellent oral hygiene, and my dentist said my teeth and gums are all healthy. My doctor said that it could be sinus drainage, but I have dealt with this for years even when I have no drainage. It is ruining my personal life ...  Read Full »

How to prevent sinusitis, dry nose and shivering during winters?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a recurring ailment that I usually get once or twice per winter. It starts with extreme shivering and overheating, but no fever. Day two usually involves a very dry nose, very low energy, and heightened sensitivity to touch or light. Days 3 to 5 usually involve more traditional...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to remove a tooth that is cracked inside the crown?

Query: Hello doctor, When a tooth is cracked inside a crown, is it necessary to remove it? The root canal is from 30 years ago. I got hit two weeks ago which caused the trauma to the tooth.  Read Full »