Q. Why do I have some sharp pain after dental filling?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 28, 2020

I had two deep fillings a few days ago. Two days later, I started having minor toothache and sensitivity. Nowadays, I am getting occasional sharp pain and it lasts just for a second. Is this normal?

#

• As the cavity was very deep, the pulp of those teeth might be infected.
  • If the sensitivity and pain is very mild, then it may be due to the material used for filling, which emits heat for one or two days till it gets its maximum strength. Usually, such pain will go off in another two days.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|