Toothache can be due to tooth decay, tooth fracture, tooth injury, tooth abscess, infected gums, and grinding teeth. Infection of the tooth pulp (pulpitis) results in severe, throbbing, and continuous pain, especially at the night. Consult a dentist to diagnose and treat the cause of toothache.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Can you please help me with the aching tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old, and one of my teeth is paining. My dentist did not prescribe any medicine to take the infection out of the tooth.  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Nandwani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thanks for the query. An infection from a tooth cannot be removed with medication alone and taking antibiotics can temporarily reduce infection, but it can recur any time. So, my suggestion to you is that you should consult a dentist and get an x-ray of your tooth done. ...  Read Full »

I have increased pain and pressure in the tooth after RCT. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I did a root canal on the upper first molar tooth before three weeks. I had sensitivity towards cold and sweets for years. The tooth was slightly loose. So I did a root canal on it. The second sitting was done before a week. I started to have pressure on the tooth after two days. I consu...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Nandwani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You have an infection still lingering in your tooth undergoing root canal treatment. It causes pain. Your dentist should place a calcium hydroxide dressing in the tooth, and it disinfects the canals. A course of antibiotics should be given. Also, the tooth should be tri...  Read Full »

What is the fastest way to cure toothache at home?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a severe toothache. I have tried clove on it but that only takes the pain away for 2 to 3 minutes and my tooth is rotted and another tooth is growing out of it. What is the fastest way to cure it at home now? Also, do you think they can put me to sleep and then take the decayed...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Nandwani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Home remedies will not give long-lasting relief from pain, therefore you should consult a dentist and get evaluated. A combination of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory painkillers like Ibuprofen can help in reducing infection and also relieve pain. The tooth can be remo...  Read Full »

After delivery, how long should I wait to get my tooth pulled?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I am 9 months pregnant with a severe toothache. My question is after delivery, how long do I have to wait to get my tooth pulled out?  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Nandwani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You can go for tooth extraction in a week or two after child birth as the amount of local anesthesia that can reach the breast milk is very less and does not cause any serious complication. However, you should once consult a neonatologist or your obstetrician and gynecolo...  Read Full »

Why are there gray spots between the teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is having a strong toothache. I looked into her tooth and found something gray in between two of her upper teeth. It looks awful and I do not know what it can be.  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Nandwani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have viewed the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the pain is appearing to be due to tooth decay. Consult a dentist and get examined, also get an X-ray done. If the decay is not reaching the nerves then a filling is sufficient. If the dec...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.