Topical Antifungal

Topical antifungals are cream, gels, shampoo, sprays, powders, and ointments, which are applied directly to the skin, hair, nail, mouth, or vagina. They are used to treat fungal infections like candidiasis, ringworm infection, jock itch, etc.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

How to treat chronic paronychia?

Query: Hi doctor, I have painful swelling in my lateral nail fold of the right finger in my right hand. Previously, I had chronic paronychia in my index finger of the right hand. For that, I used Onabet cream twice a day for three weeks and Loceryl nail lacquer once a week for six months. I cannot take ...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Chronic paronychia is a resistant disease and you have taken all the treatments necessary to solve this issue. In this case, treatment depends on the incriminating factors of the disease. Most of the time, it occurs due to irritants, repeated washing increases your fung...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for penis pain due to balanoposthitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I had mild penis pain below the glans. The doctor checked and informed minimal balanoposthitis. I took Microdox 100 for 15 days, Zocon for seven days, Gabapentin for 15 days. There was a relief. He asked me to apply Onabet cream for 15 days. When I apply Onabet cream it relieves me but...  Read Full »

Dr. G. S. S. Sandeep

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your concern is balanoposthitis by your description. It is due to a candidial yeast infection. Which will flare according to our immunity. It is not contagious and not harmful. Get your fasting and postprandial blood sugar and TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) levels d...  Read Full »

There are rashes in baby for the past one week. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed rashes in baby since last week. I have applied Sudocream as advised by a doctor. I have also changed the nappy brand. But now there are small bumps on the back too. Here is the photo from one week and today.  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Answer: Hello,Welcome to I understand the situation you are facing with your child. Baby diaper rash is one of the most common problems encountered with the babies. Keep the private areas dry, clean and hygienic. Clean up soon after baby passes stool. Do not allow moisture to build up in diaper...  Read Full »

The itching and burning sensation on my scrotum are not subsiding despite taking antifungals. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old married male. For the last ten years, I have had an itching and burning sensation on my scrotum that increases at night. It is also more during winter. I consulted a dermatologist who diagnosed it as Tinea incognito after I told him that I get relief with cream Momet...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. I reviewed your photos (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). It is scrotal dermatitis. Due to chronic itching, scrotal skin has become thick. Scrotal dermatitis can occur due to multiple causes like atopic dermatitis, all...  Read Full »

I have a ringworm infection in my crotch that is not healing with the current medication. kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a ringworm infection in my crotch. Currently, I am using Terbinafine, Clobetasol, Ofloxacin, and Ornidazole ointment. But I think it is not working. Kindly suggest some medication.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Terbinafine, Clobetasol, Ofloxacin, and Ornidazole ointment is a combination of steroid and antifungals. Please avoid such combination ointment. The steroid will feed the fungus and make it resistant to treatment. Once you stop using that ointment, there will be a flari...  Read Full »

I used to have recurrent jock itch that got cured when I used sprays and medications. But now resists treatment. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having jock itch off and on for the last month. Usually, when I have had it, I would treat it with jock itch sprays and medicated powders, and it would go away in a day or two. I have just been having it off and on for the past month. I have had it a couple of times in the last...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your query. I saw your pictures (attachments are hidden to protect the patient's identity). What you have is intertrigo, meaning an infection of the skin folds because of constant rubbing, occlusion, sweat, and many factors. When the skin is eroded because...  Read Full »

I have had a jock itch on my inner thigh for the past week, which is getting severe now. How do I manage it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year-old-girl. I have had a jock itch on my inner thigh for the past week. And now it is getting severe, and please suggest some ointments which can help with the infection. I am currently using Panderm plus.  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen your query and concern. I need to examine your picture for confirmation. With your descriptions, it seems you have tinea cruris. Tinea cruris is a fungal infection of the groin. Follow certain general measures, 1. Do not keep the area wet at all. Use Clo...  Read Full »

I am suffering from an itchy red patch on my leg which is round in shape. Is it ringworm infection?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had an itchy red patch on my leg for about a week, growing bigger and worse. It is round in shape. I am wondering if it could be ringworm. I can share pictures.Kindly help with this.  Read Full »

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have checked your attached file (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). You gave a history of acute onset, one-week duration, and the lesion is itchy. I could see a solitary, red circular patch which is fine scaly over the patch. The first suspect is ...  Read Full »

My glans has measles-like red spots all over it. Please suggest an ointment.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 52. I noticed my glans penis has some measles-like red spots all over. Overall, the glans penis seems reddish and slightly inflamed. A light irritation is felt.  Read Full »

Dr. Sushil Kakkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have noted your concern and viewed the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to have a yeast infection called candidal balanitis. I suggest you use a topical antifungal cream such as Clotrimazole 1 % and Beclomethasone dipropionate 0.05...  Read Full »

How can I treat ringworm infection on buttocks and vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, I have about 4 inches of patches of ringworms on both of my buttocks and a 3-inch patch on my vaginal area. I am using Covate GM cream for the treatment but it is not showing any results. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia Anjum

Answer: Hi, Welcome to If you have ringworm infection, kindly use oral and topical antifungal agents. If it is very red, mild steroid combined with an antifungal agent is to be used. You will get better after treatment.  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.