Q. I am using Panderm Plus cream for three years for my dark complexion. Could this harm my skin?

Dr. Dilip Meena

I am using Panderm Plus for the past three years, and I could see a big difference on my face. When I started using it, my skin was very dark, but now everyone notices my skin tone and compliments it. But when surfing the internet today, I found that it can affect my skin when used for the long term. I am very concerned about my skin now. I am also afraid of discontinuing Panderm Plus because I do not want to see myself be dark again. Would you please suggest a further course of action for me?

Thanks.

#

I understand your concern.

Panderm Plus (Terbinafine, Clobetasol, Ofloxacin, and Ornidazole) cream has Clobetasol proprionate as one of its ingredients which is the most potent topical steroids.

Steroids are not recommended for facial pigmentation for more than four to six weeks. So, applying it for three years can damage your face significantly, and we call it topical steroid-damaged face (TSDF).

When you start to have symptoms like increased facial hair, thinning of facial skin, redness, and burning during sun exposure, the darkness of skin, and acne-like lesions, then you should stop using Panderm cream.

I advise you to stop it immediately and consult a nearby dermatologist for a complete examination of the skin in person.

Take care.

|