Transient Vision Loss

Does constant staring at the car headlight result in vision damage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a police officer and tonight we were looking for a specific car. This entailed me staying in one spot and looking at the license plate of oncoming cars. As the cars come in I am staring at the license plate trying to read it while also looking right into its headlights. I felt a p...  Read Full »

Dr. Bandivadekar Pooja Mohan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Staring at bright lights for a while causes transient bleaching of the photoreceptors of the retina.¬†This is universal and normal. When one stares at bright light, one needs some time to recover the function. So, please do not worry. Staring at car headlights is not worr...  Read Full »

What can cause sudden transient loss of vision?

Query: Hello doctor, Early this morning I lost vision in one of my eyes for about two minutes. My vision then came back gradually over a period of couple of minutes. I could not see any light at all. It was not painful and I have not experienced this before. I experienced an allergic reaction to a Progeste...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sudden painless transient loss of vision suspects that some vegetation got dislodged from your heart valve and blocked blood vessel supplying the eye leading to blindness and it got dislodged later with systolic heart beat leading to recovery of vision. It is better ...  Read Full »

What causes transient tunnel vision?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a question regarding my daughter, who has complained about her eyes for three days. I want to make sure it is not an emergency and that I am not under-reacting. Sudden symptoms started three days ago. The on and off complaints of pressure around might be behind the eyes. She says, ‚...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Juliet Barboza

Answer: Hello, Welcome to cliniq.com. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. The tunnel vision you mentioned indicates that some vascular component is at play. It is not easy to pinpoint an exact diagnosis without examining her eye. The symptoms of generalized eye discomfort could indicate some e...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for partial vision loss after scleritis treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I saw an ophthalmologist for what I thought was a pink eye infection. The following issues were addressed: Acute (sudden onset) inflammation of the conjunctiva (the membrane that covers the white part of the eye) causing the white part of the eye to become red and irritated with the...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your history, I understand that you have two concerns. Firstly, what has gone wrong and the second is how to fix it? From what you have mentioned in your query, I can tell that you have at least two problems interfering with your vision. 1. Corn...  Read Full »