Trauma To Teeth

Why does my upper tooth feel a little sore?

Query: I hit my upper front tooth with a bottle whilst taking a drink from a bottle and banged my lip. It didn't feel very hard at the time although it did break the skin on my upper lip. But after 2 days my upper lip and nostrils have felt a bit numb and tingly. My tooth is feeling a little sore (achy) b...  Read Full »

Dr. Blake Louscher

Dentist

Answer: I'm sorry to hear your tooth and lip got a little banged up. I hope whatever you were drinking was worth it ;). It is very normal for the tooth to still have an achy feeling-- sort of like a bruise. It would be expected that this might last about a week. I would expect the same timeline for the lip...  Read Full »

How to fix the broken edges of my front teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, My front two teeth are not fixed and have broken edges because of a car accident, but right now I feel like my lower front tooth are peeling. I can feel a white powder type thing whenever I touch the tooth with my tongue. I cannot bite from my upper front tooth plus after the trauma I...  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and have gone through your clinical picture. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please do not be tensed. This can be treated. White powder substance in your lower front tooth is called calculus. Food deposits or plaque that...  Read Full »

My root canal treated tooth has moved inside due to injury. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My upper front tooth with root canal has moved inside because of an injury and it is bleeding.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If it is just pushed inside or back due to falling and is not mobile, either go to a dentist soon and ask him if he can position it urgently. A clear picture would have helped in giving an exact treatment plan. Nothing else can be done for now. Allow the wound to hea...  Read Full »

What happens to the tooth during the trauma? Why is there a color change?

Query: Hello doctor, When I was 11 years old, I was knocked off my bike and cracked my front tooth in half horizontally, shortly after the dentist fixed it. Since then I have had no problems with it and had multiple x-rays to check on it. When it happened, the color of the tooth changed very slightly, to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Himayoon Majeed Mir

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through your query and can understand your concern. Any trauma to the tooth generally has long-term consequences like tooth discoloration, etc. As you said that your tooth was fractured, it might have led to a slight injury to the pulp or even if not so,...  Read Full »

A sudden toothache started last night.What could have caused this?

Query: Hello doctor, A sudden toothache started last night in the front left tooth. It is really painful this morning. The pain is constant. I have attached a picture of the affected tooth. What could have caused this?  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, I have gone through the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The tooth is nonvital (dead) and therefore it is discolored. This usually happens if you had got your tooth injured in any accident, months or years ago. Even slight injuries to the tooth long before,...  Read Full »

It hurts to bite. What can be the reason and what medication can be taken?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, I got hit in my mouth and this has affected my front teeth. I hurt when I bite down or touch it. I am seeing my dentist tomorrow. Do you have any idea what this is in the meantime?  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hello,  Welcome back to icliniq.com. If it hurts to bite then there can be many causes. A few of them are listed here. It can be just a minor injury that can heal in a few days. There can be a fracture in the crown or root of the teeth. If there is mobility there can be either tooth or alveolar b...  Read Full »

My upper front tooth is brown since childhood. What is to be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem in my front upper tooth. It is brown since childhood. I do not know what to do. I need suggestions. I got into an accident a couple of years ago. Since then, it is in this condition.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and the relevant details along with the picture attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The upper front tooth has the brown discoloration because of no blood supply to the tooth. The accident you had before two year...  Read Full »

Does my injured tooth need root canal treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,One month ago a bat accidentally hit me on my front tooth and it became blue but it is not paining. Some dentists are saying that I have to get root canal treatment but I insist any other treatment. Please tell me what is the solution to aid my tooth as soon as possible. Currently, I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your age, the front tooth should be a permanent tooth. You have mentioned it has turned blue and no pain which indicates that the blood supply to the tooth is stopped hence it is like a dead tooth. Since it is the front one, it is foremost important to retai...  Read Full »

My front tooth is loose. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My permanent incisor tooth number 10 is little loose and bled once. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern about your loose tooth. Your tooth number specifies upper left lateral incisor, which has the smallest root among the upper teeth and is vulnerable to any difficult circumstances. I suggest you get an IOPA (i...  Read Full »

My daughter fell and broke her two front teeth. How to manage the situation?

Query: Hi doctor,My 6 year old daughter fell and broke her two front teeth. Please check the photos. I am on my way to a physician, and the blood is almost stopped. But, I want to know your opinion of the situation. Is it dangerous?  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have to get her to a dentist. To remove the dangling milk tooth and stitch the area if laceration is present. Apply ice over the area of trauma. It does not seem to be much problem as the tooth appears to be a milk tooth and thus even if it goes, the next teeth wi...  Read Full »