Treatment For Phimosis

The condition where the foreskin becomes too tight and cannot be pulled over the glans penis is called phimosis. If it is caused due to infection, then antifungal or antibacterial cream, good hygiene, and steroid cream are helpful. In severe cases, circumcision might be required.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have phimosis and why am I unable to retract during erection?

Query: Hi doctor,I have phimosis and I am unable to retract during erection. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Answer: Hello,Welcome to is always defined as a condition of the foreskin in a flaccid and non-erected penis. As normal anatomy of body, it is always difficult to retract the foreskin in an erected penis compared to a flaccid penis. For mild phimosis, steroid ointment can be applied to ...  Read Full »

The tip of my foreskin has been itching for the past few days. Why am I unable to retract the foreskin?

Query: Hi doctor,The tip of my foreskin has been itching for the past few days, and I cannot retract it. As a result, I feel pain and discomfort during erection. This issue happened to me when I was 19 years old. Is it phimosis or infection? Kindly prescribe me medications.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi,Welcome to symptoms are suggestive of fungal infection. It occurs due to sexual contact or using public toilets. I suggest applying Canesten cream (Clotrimazole) thrice daily for a week (consult with a doctor, talk with him or her and use medicines with their consent).  Read Full »

I can pull only half of the foreskin but have no issues with urination or masturbation. Is it a problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I have never pulled back my foreskin completely. I can pull it until half of the head of the penis and the upper side (the upper half visible directly from my eye) are free, but the downside looks like the foreskin is attached to the penis. But I can pee straight without any problem. L...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S. R

Answer: Hello Welcome to I can understand your concern. According to your symptom, you may be suffering from phimosis. There is nothing to worry about. If there is pain, I suggest, Ointment Lobate GM Neo (Clobetasol, Miconazole, and Neomycin) for local application. Tablet Zerodol P (Acecl...  Read Full »

I cannot retract my foreskin completely and believe that I have phimosis. Will it cause a problem during sexual intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have phimosis. I am unable to retract my foreskin completely. At maximum, while backing it up, I can only see the tip of a diameter of 2 to 3 centimeters. I can masturbate without any issue, slow or fast, no issue. I am just worried about my sexual intercourse. Will that lead...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Yes, that is phimosis, and treatment requires Hydrocortisone cream to be applied twice daily for six weeks. After two weeks, you can gradually start retraction and complete retraction until after six weeks. The cream's name is Betnovate (Betamethasone), and it is widel...  Read Full »

My son is 13 years old and has phimosis. Should I use a steroid cream for it?

Query: Hello doctor, My son has phimosis on his penis. He is 13 years old. Should I buy phimosis steroid cream for him and start the treatment now, or wait until he is at a specific age to start treatment?  Read Full »

Dr. Saadia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Yes, if you are sure it is phimosis, you can buy the steroid cream available over-the-counter (OTC) and apply it daily as it helps reduce inflammation and soften the skin, thus helping relieve the symptoms. If you do not see any improvement, see a doctor for a thorough...  Read Full »

Why is my foreskin so tight?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. My foreskin is tight and it is difficult and hurts to pull back my skin off the head when erect but goes back with less effort when not erect. How can I loosen my foreskin at home?  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhin Mohan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Home-based treatment methods for tight foreskin (phimosis) are not recommended. Easy treatment is circumcision meaning foreskin is removed. It is a simple and safe procedure done as a day care procedure. It does not require admission also. For more information cons...  Read Full »

Can phimosis be corrected with steroid application?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 years old male. I have been masturbating for the past seven years. I do not have any problem with that. But my penis foreskin is not retractable. It closes the head in both erect and flaccid positions. I see a slighter portion of the penis head, maybe the size of the diameter o...  Read Full »

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to For how long you have this problem that you cannot retract the foreskin? Based on your complaint, it is most likely that the diagnosis is phimosis. Is there any other problem? Local treatment like the application of steroid ointment could be effective before surg...  Read Full »

What is phimosis, and how is it treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-years-old male, and recently, I have noticed that when I pull my foreskin down below the corona of the penis, there is a small acne-like thing on the body of my penis which pains when I get an erection. While I am wearing pants, there is very little pain that keeps going on ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The Fordyce spots are regular as you have read and are small whitish spots covering penile skin anywhere. There is no treatment recommended, and for prevention, nothing other than proper hygiene. Regarding acne, it can cause pain. Mostly it is due to infection and infla...  Read Full »

What is the condition of penis that present with tight foreskin?

Query: Im a male 28yrs old 175cm ht & 85kg wt my pennis foreskin is tight not pulling back and the mouth of foreskin has become small pls suggest the medicines thank you  Read Full »

Dr. Sharath Kumar. C

Answer: You have Phimosis. Phimosis or Tight fore skin is a condition in which the foreskin of the penis cannot be pulled back past the glans. A balloon-like swelling May occur under the foreskin during urination. It may result in pain during erection and intercourse. Sometimes, It may cause inflammation ...  Read Full »

How is phimosis treated?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 27-year-old male and I never been sexually active. But I believe that I have penile phimosis. I do not have pain and I am unable to pull the foreskin below the head of the penis. How to treat it?  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You are right and you should be able to pull your foreskin below the head of the penis. So, you have phimosis. It needs to be treated to lead a normal sexual life in the future. In phimosis, you are at a higher risk of contracting infectious diseases and you can transmi...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.