Treatment Of Psoriasis

I have developed scalp, fingers and nail psoriasis inspite of applying Tacrolimus. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor. I am a 35-year-old male with moderate obesity. I do not have any chronic ailments like diabetes, BP, etc. The skin on my inner groins (slightly close to the gluteal folds) has become dark over the years and due to constant friction between the inner thighs has developed dryness and cr...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. Yes, it could be flexural psoriasis as you have psoriasis on two other body parts. Please apply clobetasol propionate ointment mix it with petroleum jelly or vaseline and use two times a day for 14 days. And apply Tacrolimus ointment at...  Read Full »

Is there a permanent remedy to get rid of psoriasis?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know a few details of the tablets which I have been taking for my scalp psoriasis. Winolap 5mg once in a while when itching is too high (without doctor's prescription). Isotretinoin drugs/other drugs (with doctor's prescription). I have been taking these medicines on a...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Rathee

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Isotretinoin is a potentially dangerous drug and in many countries there are very strict guidelines over its use. It basically contains retinoids which in simple language is a derivative of vitamin A. It is primarily used to treat severe cystic acne and I fail to und...  Read Full »

Kindly comment on my psoriasis prescription.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from psoriasis in my palm. When I was 12 years old, I had this disease for the first time. After taking some medicines it disappeared. But, it used to come on and off. In the past one year, I have faced this problem quite often. In between, I had homeopathy. As it ca...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your treatment is right. But, do not take Folitrax for long duration (Methotrexate) as it can adversely affect your liver and immunity. Also, if it is limited to palm and soles, then there is no need to take it. Because, Folitrax is meant for use in severe psori...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest the right action for my skin disease.

Query: Hello doctor, I had red, scaly patches all over my body. I consulted a doctor and he said it as Pityriasis rosea. I took treatment for a month, but I guess they are enlarged. Now, I have completely stopped medicines. I took Averzine 25, L-Cet 5 mg, applied Propynate, Clobivax and Galderma. Another d...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your investigation reports and they are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I have seen your images and it is psoriasis only. Yes, a skin biopsy should be done to have documentation for the future. It is a very small procedure...  Read Full »