Trichloroacetic Acid Cautery

What is a benign mole?

Query: Hi doctor, I am concerned about a lump or bump that appeared under my mole. One day, I woke up with inflammation around my mole. As there were no changes in my mole, I thought it was a pimple and I applied some skin cream. It stayed inflamed and swollen for around five to six days and then it becam...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your descriptions, it seems that you are having a mole with secondary infections. If you can send pictures of this, then it will be better for me to suggest diagnosis, treatment and alleviate your anxiety. Mole, so called melanocytic nevus, if you frequently touch...  Read Full »

I have developed 30 to 40 black spots on my face. What could they be?

Query: Hello doctor, Two years ago, I got some four or five black dots on my face, which looked like moles. But, I think it is spreading. The count is now 30 to 40. What can I do? Can you please suggest any treatment or medicine? Please note that my skin type is oily, and my mom also has this problem.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, I think they could be freckles. Do send me images of the same, so I can confirm my diagnosis. Freckles or ephelides are common in individuals who sunburn easily and do not tan, whereas it is uncommon among people who are dark complexioned. I sugg...  Read Full »

Is it safe to get a mole removed?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small, flat mole on my nose bridge. How can I remove it? Please recommend the best method with your professional advice.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. With your descriptions, since mole is flat means you have a superficial melanocytic nevus. If you want to get it removed, then I would recommend you shave excision under local anesthesia by a dermatologist. This procedure has very goo...  Read Full »

I scratched my mole and worrying now. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am worried about a mole. As it was itchy, I just scratched it. Now, it is sore and hard. I do not remember whether it has always been hard. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your descriptions and given picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you are having a mole over axilla. This site is more prone for frictions due to clothing and because of this your mole so called melanocytic nevus. They are considered...  Read Full »

What are these bumps I have in my nose, upper lip and eyebrow?

Query: Hi doctor, I have bumps around my nose, upper lip area and eyebrow. I have been to two dermatologists and they did not able to provide a treatment to get rid of them. I have had the bumps since I was 16. No topical creams have ever been able to help. The bumps do not cause any pain. One bump along t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and examine your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like you are having syringoma or sarcoidosis. Syringoma is a noncancerous skin tumor formed by well-differentiated ductal elements. It is usually asymptomatic. Al...  Read Full »