Q. I have a thyroid problem with leg pain while walking. Kindly help.

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

I am a 42-year-old female. I am a thyroid patient and going through a lot of pain around my leg and knee area. I am unable to walk properly and the pain is constant. So I recently did a blood test and the report showed high TSH rate which is about 29.423 ulU/mL

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

Your thyroid tests (attachment removed to protect patient identity) show that you have hypothyroidism. Your thyroid hormone T4 is low and TSH is quite high. So you need to start your medication. Please take Levothyroxine 50 mcg once daily before breakfast.

When you take Levothyroxine please do not take any other medications for at least two to three hours. Your knee joint pain may be due to hypothyroidism itself and it may be better after starting your thyroid medication but it can be due to some other reason.

Please take tablet Artifen 50 mg (Diclofenac) one in the morning and evening and use Diclofenac gel two times daily and massage it. Use it for a week.

Check your TSH after six weeks. Your TSH now is over 29 and the target level for you is from 0.4 to 5. So after six weeks check it and we will adjust the Levothyroxine dose accordingly.

| 

Is Artfinec tablet important, because it is not available in this pharmacy where I live. Can I take any alternate medicine?

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

You can take any medicine with Diclofenac in it.

|