Q. Is there any relation between high TSH level and severe hair fall?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Published on Nov 21, 2018

I am 31 years old female. My weight is 49 kilograms. I have raised TSH level of 7.5 mIU/L. I have severe hair fall, and my iron, vitamin D3, and vitamin B levels are normal. How to bring my TSH level to a normal range?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have raised TSH levels. But it is not significant enough to necessitate treatment. You can repeat your thyroid function test after three months again to make sure that it has not risen further. Regarding your hair fall, it depends on the thyroid function also. You can take tablet Zinc gluconate 100 mg once daily for two months for your hair fall. You can use Minoxidil 2 % hairspray for your scalp for four months. Use it with care and avoid having contact with your face. Try to avoid having pollution effects on your scalp.

What causes low TSH and FT4?

Query: Dear Doctor, After my tubal pregnancy my thyroids started acting low TSH 0.11 0.21 0.26 and low FT4 0.81 0.82 0.79 .076. But did not visit the doctor yet. Is it hyperactivity thyroid? Give me any advice.  Read Full »

I am 9 months pregnant, and my total T3 is 208.57. Should I be worried?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 9 months pregnant, and I have some doubts with my recent free T3, T4, and TSH levels. My Triiodothyronine total (T3) is 208.57. What is it? Is it something to worry or is it normal? My TSH is under control, and it is 2.63 now.  Read Full »

Is there a permanent cure for hypothyroidism?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is having hypothyroidism. She is having the TSH level of 13 miu/l. We had consulted a doctor and after few tests, the doctor suggested to take Thyroxine 100 mcg everyday morning on empty stomach. How long she needs to take the medication? Is there a permanent cure for this?  Read Full »

Ask an Endocrinologist Now