Q. Can I get a tuberculosis infection by coming in contact with a TB patient?

Dr. C. Elanchezhian

I am a 29-year-old male. I came in contact with a TB patient yesterday. Will I get tuberculosis? Is it contagious? Am I in a serious or emergency state to get treatment to avoid TB?

#

TB (tuberculosis) is a contagious disease. If that person is open-type TB sputum positive, you must take precautions. I suggest waiting and watching. The incubation period is a minimum of 3 to 45 days. You can do a sputum acid-fast bacillus test and chest X-ray.

|