Kindly look at my skin test and explain whether I have tuberculosis.

Q. Does my skin test indicate tuberculosis?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 22, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 06, 2023

Looking for an opinion on tuberculosis skin test. Please answer if you have experience with purified protein derivative (PPD) skin tests. I am 34 years old, former cigarette smoker. My friend got diagnosed with tuberculosis due to strong arthritis medications, and I have had some contact with him. I have attached images of my skin test below.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com. Montoux test, (purified protein test) PPD test is a very non-specific test and does not give you any confirmation for tuberculosis. It is used as an adjuvant test for diagnosis and never as sole test. It is read after 48 hours of injection. You have not mentioned the duration. You have to measure its diameter. It should be less then 10 x 10 mm. I cannot measure it online but apparently it is negative for tuberculosis (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

|