Twitching Of The Eyelid

Is persistent eye twitching a worrying concern?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old female. I have small fiber neuropathy (unknown cause), muscle weakness, and frequent muscle spasms. The only test that came back abnormal was the VGKC-AB test. My left eye has been continuously twitching nonstop for the past few days. It does not hurt but is driving...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to vitamin D deficiency or vitamin B12 deficiency. For this reason, I would recommend rechecking these vitamin levels. In the meantime, I would recommend taking Gabapent...  Read Full »

What causes right sided throbbing headache and twitching eyelid of the same side?

Query: Hello doctor, Over the past year, I have been experiencing a throbbing sensation on the back right of my head and my right eyelid is twitching. I take pictures and I see that over time I have developed very bad dark circles and it seems like my eyes are also sunken. I think I have hemifacial spasm...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have gone through the image you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). By your history and description, the possibility of migraine headache is more likely. But I want to know a few more things to confirm t...  Read Full »

I have eyelid twitchng with floaters. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been facing issues with my eyes and eyesight lately. In my left eye the lower eyelid twitches whenever I touch it or do some face movement. In my right eye I am facing pressure pain and seeing some new floaters. I feel like I am unable to focus my right eye, it is a very weird fee...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Twitching of eyes is generally not a serious condition and can occur if you are having difficulty sleeping at night or if you are having inadequate sleep or you are tensed about something. I suggest you to get good night's sleep everyday. Otherwise B12 and Refresh Te...  Read Full »

What causes pulsating feeling under left eye?

Query: Hello, I am a 35 year old male. For a week now I have been feeling a pulsating nerve under my right eye. It is not on the eyelid, approximately 3-4 cm below it. It is present only sometimes and visible when I look at the mirror.  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you are having twitching of the eyelid. No need to worry as most of the times it is a benign event and will decrease on its own. The common causes of twitching are stress, lack of sleep and excessive intake of ca...  Read Full »

I am having twitching of eyelids and black dots float around my eye. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 16 years old, and I am very worried about the health of my eyes. I have been having two problems with my eyes recently. One of my ongoing problems is twitch with my eyelids. I cannot keep my eye open for too long without this happening. It bothers me and distracts me a lot at sch...  Read Full »

Dr. Satish Bhavsar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Twitching eyes are due mostly to dry eyes in your age because of exposure to the computer monitor and prolonged use of mobile phone, which can be taken care of by the use of artificial tears (lubricating eye drops). The important issue is your left eye redness and bl...  Read Full »

I have consistent twitching in the bottom lid of my eye. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have consistent twitching in the bottom lid of my left eye. It has been ongoing for about for two weeks tomorrow.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This eyelid twitching can be caused by a number of different problems. In case you have only the eyelid twitch and have no other problems in your eye or other bodily diseases, we label such cases as essential blepharospasm. To reduce this, I suggest you do the follow...  Read Full »

Why do my eyes twitch after looking at a computer screen for more than 15 minutes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 66 year old male, who has a normal eyesight. Last week while I was watching a film on my laptop, suddenly both my eyelids started twitching (fluttering). After that, whenever I look at a computer for more than 15 minutes, the burning sensation starts. The same is true while I read...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Twitching of the eyelids can happen due to the following reasons:Fatigue following excessive usage.Spontaneous nerve discharge (very common and benign).Irritation of nerves due to vascular pathology and mass effect.Hemifacial spasm.Apart from Refresh tears, you can use a...  Read Full »

My eyes twitch a lot. Can you help me with this?

Query: Hi doctor,My eyes twitch a lot. I started experiencing it last year. It lasted for a good three months and then subsided on its own. This year it has started again. It is very annoying and hampers work. I wear spectacles and got my vision tested a while back. So my power is correct. Can you please h...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you feel any kind of fatigue also along with the twitchings? Did it start last year after any kind of systemic illness like viral fever or any trauma? Any kind of treatment you take for any disease? Your symptoms may purely be due to weakness without any associat...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have twitching of both the eyelids?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old, my height is 6 feet and I weigh 200 pounds. Is it normal for both the eyelids to twitch? Bottom left eyelid and top right eyebrow twitch whenever I blink. It is worrisome. I drink caffeine but I am well rested. I had a negative brain CT scan done last month. I have ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Even though the eyelid twitches are very commonly associated with stress and they usually go away on their own without any treatment, the involvement of both eyelids could also be an early sign of blepharospasm which requires treatment. If symptoms are getting worse...  Read Full »

I have been suffering from headache and eye twitching. Are they interrelated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old. My height is 5'9" and weight is 205 pounds. For the past 10 days, my right eye has been twitching non-stop. It is almost like a pulse where the bag of my eye is. When I blink really fast, it usually stops for about a minute and then starts again. My head started to hurt...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Eye twitching could be due to myokymia. It is benign, and the most common cause is stress. It usually resolves without treatment in a month. Your headache is not related to myokymia. Having said that, kindly consult a local ophthalmologist if it persists. For further i...  Read Full »

Starting @ just €19.99