Q. I have been feeling a pulsating nerve under my right eye. What to do?

Dr. Dada Peer K
Published on Oct 30, 2014 and last reviewed on: Sep 14, 2019

I am a 35 year old male. For a week now I have been feeling a pulsating nerve under my right eye. It is not on the eyelid, approximately 3-4 cm below it. It is present only sometimes and visible when I look at the mirror.

Dr. Dada Peer K

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I reviewed your history.

• It seems from the history that you are having twitching of the eyelid.
  • No need to worry as most of the times it is a benign event and will decrease on its own.
  • The common causes of twitching are stress, lack of sleep and excessive intake of caffeine containing drinks.
  • Use of multivitamins along with avoiding the predisposing factors as mentioned above will help overcome this problem.

Hope this helps you.

Consult an eye care ophthalmologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

How to deal with pain and face dullness associated with Eagle syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female. I have been diagnosed with Eagle syndrome last year. I do not know which type it is, whether it is affecting nerves or arteries but I can feel the pain which is so tough to bear and my face is getting dull day by day. Please reply soon.  Read Full »

Does Troynuron SR tablet have side effects?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 52 years old, and I am hypertensive for the past 12 years and diabetic for the past seven years. I am using Tozaar 50, one tablet for my hypertension and Amaryl 1 mg, half tablet before break fast and half tablet before dinner, for my diabetes. Of late, during intercourse, I am not...  Read Full »

What is the brown vertical streak in my thumbnail?

Query: Hi doctor,I have noticed this very pale light brown vertical streak in my thumbnail about a week ago. I am very worried after reading online about something called longitudinal melanoma. I am 27 years old female.  Read Full »