Q. I have throbbing headache on the right side with twitching of right eyelid. Please help.

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Over the past year, I have been experiencing a throbbing sensation on the back right of my head and my right eyelid is twitching. I take pictures and I see that over time I have developed very bad dark circles and it seems like my eyes are also sunken. I think I have hemifacial spasms but I am not sure. I really want to get help for this condition. I can also provide a picture.

#

I can understand your concern. I have gone through the image you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

By your history and description, the possibility of migraine headache is more likely. But I want to know a few more things to confirm this.

Any relation of this headache with stress? Means do you get more headache when you are stressed? Any relationship of headache with dehydration, excessive sun exposure, or lack of sleep? Do you use more mobile or laptop or computer? Please reply.

If I am stressed, yes, that does trigger that. Lately though there has not been much of anything that is causing me to feel stressed. Also, whenever I drink water I have this twitching sensation around my right eye and the back of my head on the right side starts to throb or feel uncomfortable.

#

Stress is the biggest risk factor for migraine. So in my opinion, it is migraine only.

Is it possible for you to send me video of your twitch of right eyelid? Do you have any old video? If you have I want to see it. Any nausea or vomiting sensations while having headache? Any blackout or reduced vision while having twitching?

The best treatment for migraine is prevention. You need to take migraine preventive therapy in the form of Propranolol (40 mg) and Flunarizin (10 mg) combination. Do you have any sleep disturbances?

| 

I have consistent twitching in the bottom lid of my eye. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have consistent twitching in the bottom lid of my left eye. It has been ongoing for about for two weeks tomorrow.  Read Full »

Why am I having intense throbbing pain in the temple?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a sufferer of hemiplegic migraine. However, I had unusual collapses three months back. The first one was 40 minutes; I could not recall the whole of that period. I came back with an injured knee and felt dazed. I was fine after around two hours. The next day, I felt pressure in my...  Read Full »

What causes throbbing pain in the anus after masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old unmarried male. I have been masturbating for years, without any trouble. But, since the last one year, I feel a throbbing pain in my anus after masturbation. The pain lasts for 5 to 10 minutes. I usually masturbate once a week. This problem occurs if I do it more oft...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»