Q. What causes eyelid twitching with floaters?

Dr. Arnab Pal

I have been facing issues with my eyes and eyesight lately. In my left eye the lower eyelid twitches whenever I touch it or do some face movement. In my right eye I am facing pressure pain and seeing some new floaters. I feel like I am unable to focus my right eye, it is a very weird feeling. I do not understand what is happening. Is this something serious? I cannot even go to a doctor to get an eye checkup due to lockdown. Please guide me.

Dr. Arnab Pal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Twitching of eyes is generally not a serious condition and can occur if you are having difficulty sleeping at night or if you are having inadequate sleep or you are tensed about something. I suggest you to get good night's sleep everyday. Otherwise B12 and Refresh Tears are fine to go with. Seeing new floaters is a bit worrying though. However, it also is generally harmless unless the number of floaters suddenly increase or there is associated flashing inside eyes. Then you need to get your retina checked up by an eye surgeon. Lastly, it can be a problem of increased eye power. You can get your eye power checked. Apart from these any other cause can be found out only by clinical examination.

|