Q. What causes eyelid twitching with floaters?

Dr. Arnab Pal

I have been facing issues with my eyes and eyesight lately. In my left eye the lower eyelid twitches whenever I touch it or do some face movement. In my right eye I am facing pressure pain and seeing some new floaters. I feel like I am unable to focus my right eye, it is a very weird feeling. I do not understand what is happening. Is this something serious? I cannot even go to a doctor to get an eye checkup due to lockdown. Please guide me.

#

Twitching of eyes is generally not a serious condition and can occur if you are having difficulty sleeping at night or if you are having inadequate sleep or you are tensed about something. I suggest you to get good night's sleep everyday. Otherwise B12 and Refresh Tears are fine to go with. Seeing new floaters is a bit worrying though. However, it also is generally harmless unless the number of floaters suddenly increase or there is associated flashing inside eyes. Then you need to get your retina checked up by an eye surgeon. Lastly, it can be a problem of increased eye power. You can get your eye power checked. Apart from these any other cause can be found out only by clinical examination.

| 

What causes pulsating feeling under left eye?

Query: Hello, I am a 35 year old male. For a week now I have been feeling a pulsating nerve under my right eye. It is not on the eyelid, approximately 3-4 cm below it. It is present only sometimes and visible when I look at the mirror.  Read Full »

What is the cause for eye floaters problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 56 years old male. I have eye floaters problem. I have blood pressure. I am taking tablets for it.  Read Full »

Why am I having constant eye floaters, low back and hip pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having constant eye floaters, low back and hip pain, also my rib cage hurts. I feel depressed and anxious like never before. I cannot sleep at night. MRI of brain shows tiny flair. Radiologists are saying that it is nothing to worry about. What should I do?  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»