Q. Can typhoid fever affect hepatitis B profile?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

I would like to ask regarding hepatitis B profile result.

1. HBsAg ELISA: nonreactive.
  2. Anti HBs: no reactive.
  3. HBeAg: nonreactive.
  4. Anti-HBC: nonreactive.
  5. Anti HBC IgG: reactive.
  6. Anti-HBC IgM: nonreactive.
  7. Anti HAV IgG: reactive.
  8. Anti HAV IgM: nonreactive.

How could you interpret this result? Could you please help me?

#

As I have noted your hepatitis B profile where anti-HBC IgG and anti-HBA IgG is showing reactive, while others are nonreactive. IgG anti-HBc is an IgG antibody, a subclass of anti-HBc, which is a marker of the past or the current infection with HBV. If it is positive and HBsAg is positive (in the absence of IgM anti-HBc), this indicates chronic HBV (hepatitis B virus) infection. So, the interpretation of this report is HBsAg which is negative. So it does not suggest an acute infection.

It might be any past infection. For it, it may be showing reactive. Anti-HBA IgG can be reactive and shows past infection. It is not a serious infection as it is infected through contaminated food and water. It may persist in your blood positive for many years. At present, it is not showing any acute infection of hepatitis A or hepatitis B infection. I need some other details and history about you and some other investigation required. Kindly repeat this test after three months and show me in follow up.

Can typhoid fever affect the result of hepatitis profile?

#

In case of typhoid and hepatitis A infection, they spread through the fecal-oral route. So both can affect the liver. Typhoid can show hepatic manifestations.

|