Q. What is the most accurate test for typhoid fever?

Dr. J N Naidu

Five months back, I was abroad. When I was abroad, my friend had COVID-19. I was scared about that, and then I came back home a few days after. I was in a small town and consulted a doctor. They told me to do a blood test for typhoid, and then they said the test is positive and gave me medicines. After few days, I am feeling the same again. They did a blood test for jaundice, then they said there might be jaundice and told me to do a liver scan. Hence, I met a specialist. After the test, they said I do not have jaundice. I feel that I may get jaundice. Some days I will be fine, but some days, the fever will come when I get dark urine. Please help to overcome this. I will take a deep breath and tell myself to cool, but it is not working out.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

You should be careful about your health, but there is no need to be scared about it. I believe that you never had typhoid, and it could be misdiagnosed by the Widal test, which gives false positives frequently. Jaundice is possible if you drink contaminated water. I am sure you are drinking clean water. Get the simple urine test done. Urine for bile salts and bile pigments, albumin, glucose and microscopic examination. Send test results so that the problem can be evaluated properly and suggest appropriate treatment.

|