Q. Please have a look on my ultrasound report and tell whether I am pregnant or not.

Dr. Richa Agarwal
Published on Aug 08, 2019

I have my pictures and ultrasound results but can you help me to read it and say if I am pregnant or not?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Thanks for trusting us about your healthcare. I have gone through your history and understand your concern (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As your pelvic ultrasound showed some changes which are suggesting pregnancy, get your blood beta hCG levels to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.

Thank you for your answer. I went to ob-gyn last week. My PG test was possitive but they recommended to do this transvaginal ultrasound. Can you see from the results pictures anything?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Thanks for your reply. You should wait and watch for your next pelvic ultrasound. Get your blood beta hCG level.

Basically I had medical abortion pill 6 weeks ago but still, my PG test is positive. So, went back to the clinic for an ultrasound. When should I get my period back to normal or when should my hCG get low?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Usually beta hCG gets back to normal in 8 to 10 weeks and the pregnancy test gets negative also after 2 to 3 months. So, wait and watch for the same.

So, from this my ultrasound you cannot tell if I am still pregnant or not? If medical abortion worked or not? Or how can I find out if I am still pregnant as I do not wanna wait too long if I am still pregnant? What would you suggest to do next step for me?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

In your ultrasound report, there is no product of conception left, so your abortion is successful. But in your ultrasound report endometrium thickness is more, that is why we have to go for blood beta hCG levels to rule out the chance of pregnancy. We just see the level of blood beta hCG to decide what to do further.

My beta hCG values are 5.73 and 5.26. Does it confirm pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 38 years old. I did not get my last month period. After 15 days of missed period, my beta hCG value is 5.73. What is the chance of pregnancy? Do I have any issue? Please guide me.  Read Full »

I have frequent urination and severe pain in abdomen. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I had fever two days ago. Then one day ago started frequent urination and I could not hold it every time it happened. And there was pain during urination. Then started pain in the stomach. Today the urination is not that much but I have severe pain in both sides of my abdomen. I am no...  Read Full »

Where to put your penis during sex?

Query: Hello doctor,I recently got married and have a few doubts about intercourse. I am not clear about the vaginal spot. Where should I insert my penis exactly? I had a chat with my partner and she said that it is the spot where the gynecologist tested her uterus when we had a general check-up. Please...  Read Full »