Q. Should I be concerned about my pelvic scan?

Dr. Vivek Chail
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Sneha Kannan
Published on Dec 12, 2015 and last reviewed on: Mar 01, 2019

I am currently awaiting a call from my doctor on my ultrasound results. However, I am concerned about my ultrasound report and I am impatient now. The radiologist's notes on my pelvic ultrasound were as follows. CX appears WNL AS VIS. ENDOM appears thickened, complex with increased vascularity and could not define any solid mass at this time. Left ovary with hypoechoic area. Right ovary appears WNL AS VIS. Blood flow to the bilateral ovary. No FF seen. Does it seem like a normal prognosis? Or do I have a reason to be concerned?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below.

The cervix appears normal. This is the mouth of the uterus and is normal. The inner layer of the uterus is called the endometrium. It is thickened but there is no measurement given. It is also described as a complex appearance with increased blood flow. The left ovary probably shows a follicular cyst and is normal. The right ovary is normal. No free fluid is seen in the pelvis. This is a normal finding.

Keeping in mind the increased endometrial thickening with vascularity, many possibilities exist including the following

1. Endometrial hyperplasia.
  2. Hormone-related conditions.
  3. Infection in the uterus or pelvic inflammatory disease.
  4. Rarely caused by neoplastic causes.

If there was a pregnancy sometime in the past, less likely since your test is negative, then retained products of conception might be considered in the differential diagnosis.

I have a thick endometrium and no gestational sac. Can I be pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I took a home pregnancy test 44 days after my last LMP. I underwent my pelvic scan today and it says I have no gestational sac and have a thick endometrium. I have very mild bleeding for the past two days and slight press on my right lower abdomen. My doctor has suggest...  Read Full »

After a biochemical pregnancy, when can I plan my next pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a biochemical pregnancy before two months. Initially, my hCG test showed 11 and after a couple of days it was 9. Then, I had an endometrial lining scan and it showed a simple right ovarian cyst measuring 33 x 27 mm. So, doctor prescribed Meprate and I got my periods on the 27th of l...  Read Full »

How to consume Kalarchi Choornam to get rid of multiple ovarian cysts?

Query: Hi doctor, How to consume Kalarchi Choornam to completely get rid of multiple cysts in both ovaries. It is not pcod but countless multiple cysts on both ovaries. Please clarify, how much and how many times should I consume daily? And for how long? Is it fine to take the medicine during menstrual cy...  Read Full »

Ask a Radiologist Now