Ultrasound Physiotherapy

Why do I have pain under the right knee after workout?

Query: Hello doctor, I have knee pain for the past one week but not much pain. Yesterday I went to the gym, and something triggered the pain under my knee. Since then under my right knee, I get a pinching pain now and then. If I rub, there is a pain in a particular spot. Would a brace or anti-inflammatory...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain may be due to sudden lifting of heavyweight, which resulted in compression and tissue swelling. If the duration of injury is within two days, then apply ice and from the third day, go for physiotherapy treatment like ultrasound therapy on the back of the knee. D...  Read Full »

Apart from anti-inflammatory medicine, what should I do for plantar fasciitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. I am having swollen feet despite taking anti-inflammatory medications. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not know what anti-inflammatory medicines you were taking, but you need to take the correct medicines and the main treatment of plantar fasciitis is stretching exercises. When the pain reduces, you have to do calf stretching exercises to reduce the pain of plant...  Read Full »

Please have a look at my MRI and explain the treatment for back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, Previously, I contacted you with the following issue. I got a back muscle spasm with lumbosacral spondylosis. Posterior central disc bulge at L4-L5 and L5-S1 causing thecal sac indentation. Also, bilateral neural foraminal narrowing. I am having groin, LBA and leg pain for the past two m...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have sent me your MRI images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which show mild degeneration in a few of your discs. But, there is no great compression anywhere. So, I presume you would also be fine neurologically. Although, I would request you to ki...  Read Full »

What is the exact cause for my knee pain and swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old female. My height is 5'4" and my weight is 64 kg. I am suffering from left knee pain with some swelling and stiffness for the past three years. I am taking Sazo 2000 and OXC 200 for two months, but had no relief. I have ANA 48.5 and CRP 7.9. My MRI showed no tears, but...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted. Kindly tell me more details about your problem. Since when is the pain in the left knee present? Do you have any other joint pain like wrist or elbow? Your ANA (antinuclear antibody) report is positive. Kindly upload the report ...  Read Full »

I am having hip pain due to playing squash. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor,I used to have a long-term groin injury from playing badminton which caused jarring pain which ended up me having to stop for a while. I have not played badminton for four years so the groin injury subsided by whenever my groin is stretched it is always tender and has a lot less range o...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concern about groin pain. See you need to give sufficiently enough time for healing of adductor muscles tendons, which is getting worsened by repeatedly stretching. No doubt that you need more range of motion, but the first choice is to promote...  Read Full »

What is the cause of shoulder pain and how to treat it?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a track athlete and yesterday in training I did some bench press, short sprints, push-ups and core work. I warmed down and stretched. I woke up this morning with pain in my right shoulder and halfway through the day, this pain is getting worse. What is a possible cause of this and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concerns about your shoulder pain. I suspect acute injury to shoulder muscles or ligament. So, that is why the shoulder may be paining. According to me, because of bench press, your muscles around the shoulder may be overstretched and that ca...  Read Full »

Can you please suggest some precautions and exercises for my tennis elbow?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old healthy man. I recently got mild tennis elbow because of playing badminton heavily every day. Can you please suggest some precautions and exercises, which help in quick healing? I wish to get it corrected without surgery. I do not want to stop playing for a long time. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tennis elbow can be treated by the following:Precautions. Manual therapy. Ice application. Transverse friction massage. Myofascial release. Extensor stretches. Tennis elbow strap. Steroid injection. PRP (platelet-rich plasma) injection. Open and arthroscopic release. For ...  Read Full »

I have a hard and painful bruise on my leg from two weeks. Why is it still hard?

Query: Hi doctor, I have hurt my leg as a cupboard fell on it, and I have a bruise that is around 20 cm in diameter. The bruise is very hard, and when I am still, there is no pain. Once I move my leg, I have pain. The bruise is there for two weeks now, and the hardness is still there. I got an x-ray and ul...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This hardness you are talking about is most likely a hematoma (collection of blood). It may take weeks to resolve. You can ice the area and try ultrasound therapy to help dissipate the hardness. For further queries consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online -...  Read Full »

Please help me understand my mom's MRI report of the lumbar spine.

Query: Hello doctor, My 68 years old mother is having severe back pain since last few months. Whenever she stands up for some time, her back pain starts, and it goes down to the entire legs. It becomes so intolerable that she has to sit down somewhere immediately to avoid pain, and she gets relief after sh...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your mother's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your mother seems to be suffering from radiculopathy, due to nerve compression as a result of disc prolapse. The treatment of this problem needs patience and takes a long time. For pain,...  Read Full »

I have a pain that runs from the left lower back to my left foot. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a pain that runs from the left lower back to the stomach, onto the left thigh and all the way to my left foot. I was stretching sideways while sitting with stretched legs when I heard a loud click. I cannot lift my leg straight to my chest, and I feel pain in my hip while lying dow...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must have locked your vertebral facet joint in a wrong pattern, due to which the L5-S1 nerve entrapment has occurred. As a result, you are getting the radiating pain. It is a case of radiculopathy, so get a seven-day physiotherapy session consisting of the following. ...  Read Full »