Ultrasound Physiotherapy

How is plantar fasciitis managed?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother, who is 50, is suffering from plantar fasciitis. She lives in a remote area and so, regular physical and ESWT therapy is not feasible. I am planning to buy a portable ESWT device. Will this be helpful and feasible to use them at home without any assistance? Is there any side e...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Plantar fasciitis, which is inflammation of foot tissue, can be reduced by decrease weight bearing, by wearing different footwear and by physiotherapy. TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) will not be an effective one. You need to take ultrasound therapy wit...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment options for knee and foot pain.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old man. I have the following problems while walking. Foot pain in the early morning after walking or after sitting for a long period of time. It was diagnosed a few years ago as plantar fasciitis. I use shoes with special support, insoles and cushion on the socks. Also...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concern about pain in sole and knee joint. As per your provided information, it is clear that due to improper walking patterns and imbalance in muscles of foot, weight distribution in sole altered and after a long time slowly you developed knee pain...  Read Full »

Why am I getting knee pain even with simple activity?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 27 year old male. My weight is 85 kg and height is 179 cm. About 2 years ago, I participated in a half marathon. On that day, I started feeling pain in both knees above the patella. I think in quadriceps tendon. I followed RICE and the pain went off. But, after that, whenever I do s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti A. Goel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your symptoms and pain, I have a few points to mention. It is possible that the pain is due to quadriceps pull. However, a condition called chondromalacia patellae should also be ruled out. Do you have pain in climbing upwards or upstairs? I wou...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for muscle pain over the chest.

Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago, I had pain in my left chest. I was referred to a cardiologist just in case it was the heart problem. All the tests, including CT, treadmill, echo, 24-hours Holter returned negative. I was informed that it was likely being sports injury, possibly tennis and nothing to wor...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history. It seems that the pain has currently settled down. It is good to hear that you have already ruled out the cardiac causes of left shoulder or arm pain and all the test results are good. There is no need for further investigation by a sp...  Read Full »

What can be done for my mom's back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My 62 year old mother has been experiencing lower back pain for the last two to three days. She did some heavy work in the kitchen a few days ago and developed these symptoms. She has been taking one or two Crocin a day and using a hot bath, but that does not help much. Please suggest a s...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com We are here to help you. Your mother seems to be suffering from either muscular back pain or prolapsed intervertebral disc compression. I would advise you to get an MRI lumbo-sacral spine to rule out these issues. If you have any such issues, then you would be treated acco...  Read Full »

Can shoulder labrum tear be healed without surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I sustained a shoulder injury while working out and it turned out to be a labrum tear. I can rotate my arm without any problem. I feel the pain only while playing badminton. The doctor has suggested surgery and I do not want to go for it. Kindly go through my re...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history as well as the MRI report attached to it (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would recommend surgery to you if you wish to continue playing badminton or any activity with overhead action or involving throwing activity. I...  Read Full »

Please suggest some exercise for back pain that radiates to the right leg, hip, knee, and foot.

Query: Hello Doctor, I have a back pain that earlier moves to my right leg through hip, knee and upto downside of foot. For last one year it has been started in left leg also. Though left side pain doesn't move to foot but at hip it pinches like a needle while driving specialy. Now during lock down due to...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi. i got your point and understand how you feel when it pains. as per MRI reports you mentioned, its a LBA (low back ache) which radiated to leg and now shifting to left lower body as well. and about your cerical problem may be there's a nerve compression and that neck pain radiating to shoulder i...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain under the right knee after workout?

Query: Hello doctor, I have knee pain for the past one week but not much pain. Yesterday I went to the gym, and something triggered the pain under my knee. Since then under my right knee, I get a pinching pain now and then. If I rub, there is a pain in a particular spot. Would a brace or anti-inflammatory...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain may be due to sudden lifting of heavyweight, which resulted in compression and tissue swelling. If the duration of injury is within two days, then apply ice and from the third day, go for physiotherapy treatment like ultrasound therapy on the back of the knee. D...  Read Full »

Apart from anti-inflammatory medicine, what should I do for plantar fasciitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. I am having swollen feet despite taking anti-inflammatory medications. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not know what anti-inflammatory medicines you were taking, but you need to take the correct medicines and the main treatment of plantar fasciitis is stretching exercises. When the pain reduces, you have to do calf stretching exercises to reduce the pain of plant...  Read Full »

Please have a look at my MRI and explain the treatment for back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, Previously, I contacted you with the following issue. I got a back muscle spasm with lumbosacral spondylosis. Posterior central disc bulge at L4-L5 and L5-S1 causing thecal sac indentation. Also, bilateral neural foraminal narrowing. I am having groin, LBA and leg pain for the past two m...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have sent me your MRI images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which show mild degeneration in a few of your discs. But, there is no great compression anywhere. So, I presume you would also be fine neurologically. Although, I would request you to ki...  Read Full »