Q. Does the pregnancy look normal or not from this USG report?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2020

I am attaching my wife's prescription and test results. We would like to know whether the pregnancy will be normal or not. Please help.

#

The ultrasound (attachment removed to protect patient identity) suggests six weeks gestation with non-visible fetal node.

• The fetal node is usually identified by 6-1/2 weeks, but in some women it is not seen till 9 weeks.
  • In some cases the absence of the fetal pole may just be due to an error in the dates may be too early to check for it and if the doctor thinks this is possible he or she may ask you to return in about a week for another ultrasound.
  • So, repeat ultrasound at 9 weeks of gestation will confirm the fetal node and heart activity in fetus. It is too early to comment right now.
  • But your human chorionic gonadotropin - hCG level is 820 which is normal and in favor of pregnancy.
  • Urine examination showed 4 to 6 pus cells which suggest mild urinary tract infection which might have cleared now.

Revert back after repeat ultrasound to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|