Ultraviolet Exposure

Why are green lines seen on my body when exposed to ultraviolet light?

Query: Hi doctor, I used a UV light on my body and saw lots of green lines on my body. I have lots of green lines when I shine a UV light on it. Kindly give your opinion.  Read Full »

Dr. Shama Naaz

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any visible lesions without UV (ultraviolet) light? Any itching or any other symptoms? Kindly answer the above questions for further help.  Read Full »

Does over-exposure to ultraviolet rays cause skin cancer?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a dark spot on my heel. Should I be worried?  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A 70 percent risk of the lesion transforming into melanoma as irregular borders with increased melanin pigment or melanosis is noted (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). Histopathology reports are mandatory to rule out malignancy (melanoma). If found...  Read Full »

How to reduce the fine lines between my eyes and cheek at a very young age?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 14-year-old male and I got these lines between my eyes and cheeks, it is saggy but it does not hurt and I do not know why I got it. I have been doing some excercises to help reduce the line and I also put Aloe vera gel. I sleep eight hours and I start sleeping at 10 or 11 PM bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sagging is due to loss of elasticity of the skin. Do you go out in the sun? UV rays exposure? Is your nutrition proper? Is your water intake adequate? Is there any environmental dust exposure? Stress? Poor nutrition? Non-surgical therapy such as face massage, face p...  Read Full »

Will mineral sunscreen give both protective and cosmetic benefits?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know the benefits of using mineral sunscreen. What is a mineral sunscreen? How does mineral sunscreen differ from the chemical kind? What are the biggest benefits of using mineral sunscreen? What should you look for in a mineral sunscreen if you want to ensure you are ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia Anjum

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sunscreen are agents that give protection to the skin against harmful ultraviolet radiation. Of the sun especially UVB (ultraviolet B) radiation that is more harmful. Sunscreen are of two types. Physical sunscreen and chemical sunscreen or sunblocks. Mineral sunscre...  Read Full »

I have dark patches after using Utramedanine. Will it go away?

Query: Hello doctor, I have vitiligo. I used for my patches Utramedanine solution with sun and I think I used to much because it burned. Now, I have dark patches like brown. Will it go away?  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your description and analyzed the situation at hand. The medicine being used by you is photo-sensitizing agent which means that it needs to be applied and then the treated area has to be exposed to ultraviolet rays for a controlled duration, preferably ...  Read Full »