Q. I am having mild umbilical hernia after C-section. Is it curable in Ayurveda?

Dr. Sheena Rony
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jun 20, 2019

I had C-section three years ago. My stomach started bulging, so I visited a doctor and had sonography. So came to know that I have mild umbilical hernia 0.7. If I do proper exercise and follow ayurvedic medicine suggested by you, then is this mild hernia curable? Please help me with this. Also, can I climb stairs in mild hernia?

Dr. Sheena Rony

#

I understand your concern. Since you had C-section, you are likely to develop incisional hernia which is a common issue faced post C-sections if proper care is not taken during wound healing. It is not curable with only medicines but it can be preventable from reaching further stages. If you find and center close by which practices post partum care in Ayurveda then get the following done.

Apply Dhanvantara taila followed by veshta bandhana (abdominal binder).

Avoid lifting weights and too much physical exertion.

Is it advisable to drink water after a C-section?

Query: Hi doctor, Are we allowed to drink water after a cesarean section? If not, what happens to the body if you drink water?  Read Full »

RBC count 3.54, hematocrit 33.3, and hemoglobin 11.4. Are these values normal to have after C-section?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife gave birth before nine days, and we did a blood test yesterday, and her RBC count was 3.54, hematocrit 33.3, and hemoglobin was 11.4. Is this a normal result considering she just had a C-section?  Read Full »

We have been suggested for C-section after 36 weeks. Shall we proceed?

Query: Hi doctor, Actually, my wife is 37 weeks pregnant. The growth scan shows that the fetal growth is 34 weeks 5 days. So, our doctor is suggesting for C-section after about a week's time to avoid any suffocation to the fetus. Is it fine to get a C-section during the fetal growth of about 36 weeks? Plea...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now