Unable To Focus

How can a married woman concentrate on studies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old, married. My problem is that I am unable to concentrate on studies as I want to appear for exams in the coming year. Every month is getting wasted. Please help me out. I will be very thankful to you as it is a do or die situation for me.  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. I understand that focusing on high-level studies is often difficult. Since you are married, you did not mention your routine activities. Because in order to suggest something it is important to manage your time.Time management is difficult to un...  Read Full »

I have sleepless nights and find it difficult to focus on studies. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, How to manage stress? It has been tough to focus on studies and having sleepless nights. Please suggest me with some good tips and medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Aneel Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stress has two forms, 1. Eustress, which is normal in which performance increases like in exams, tasks, and future plannings. 2. The distress which is not normal when performance decreases because we expect a lot, and we regret a lot for past and worry a lot about ...  Read Full »

How can one get motivated to study?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old male. There is not a single day when I sleep happily. And the reason is that I am not able to study. It is not that the syllabus is too tough for me. It is just that I do not sit too long and for that matter, I do not sit to study at all. I know the consequences. This...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to mention that studying, though important, is just one of the many parts of life. Do not lose confidence or be so harsh on yourself. Study smart and not more. Study in small shifts of half an hour followed by a rest of five minutes. Set sm...  Read Full »

I have difficulty in focusing and understanding verbal instructions. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am female, 21 years of age and as weird as this sounds, I always feel like I am so overfocused that I cannot really focus. I am very slow when it comes to verbal communication, it is something I have struggled with ever since I was a child. So when someone is verbally giving me inst...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from the information you have provided that you might be suffering from an adult variant of attention deficit hyperactive disorder, inattention type. Do you also have symptoms like repetitive acts or rituals, urge to repeat words or images, repetitive handwashi...  Read Full »

How to become a more independent person?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old female. I am doing my graduation. I am a little moody, and I want to live my life in my way. I do not want my parents to bother me. Their mentality is old. They do not want to accept new generations like us. They think if I wear a short dress, it means I am characterles...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In the present situation, you should focus more on your studies and get a job as early as possible. A good job will result in independence, and this will help you in making a right decision. The difference in opinions and thinking is due to a generation gap, and this ca...  Read Full »

I sit in front of the computer for long and I am unable to focus. How can I be helped?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are feeling cold and I am unable to focus. I have been feeling this since last week. I sit in front of the computer for a long time. I do not want spectacles. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all kindly answer these questions. How many hours per day do you spend in front of a computer? Is there watering of the eye too? Are you suffering from a headache? While working on the computer, if you are working for long hours then take a break every 35 ...  Read Full »