Unable To Focus

How do I stop thinking about songs all the time?

Query: Hello doctor,For the past few days, songs have stuck in my head, and they do not go away. I have tried everything, such as doing other tasks, but it did not help. After hearing the songs, I worked for an hour, but I lost focus after that. What should I do to get those songs out of my head?  Read Full »

Dr. Subhan Ansari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query, and I can understand what you have been going through. First, be assured that these things will go away and you should not worry about them. Second, for the song that bothers you and you are unable to get rid of it, I can provide you with few ...  Read Full »

Can peripheral vertigo be a sign of something more serious?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 26-year-old male. I am a working professional, and I am 80 Kg by weight and 177 cm by height. I do not smoke or drink. I have been experiencing dizziness and feel like foggy brain and senses for the past week. I feel very hard to focus, even though I put l full effort. This had happ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to an inner ear disorder (peripheral vertigo) or low blood pressure. Have you checked your blood pressure values during these episodes? If your blood pressure values are no...  Read Full »

After a long screen time, my eyes go out of focus suddenly. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been wearing prescription glasses for around seven years and recently got a pair with blue light lenses. I am a female studying a course and I am seeing screen for multiple hours a day due to my online classes. I started to have my problem before a month. Randomly, every now and t...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can occur due to increased strain on the eyes. Using computers and smartphones can cause dry eyes due to decreased blink rate. Take frequent breaks. Look at the far objects as the eyes get strained at looking at close objects for a long time. Keep brightness at minim...  Read Full »

Are my partner's wisdom tooth infection and eye problem connected?

Query: Hi doctor, My partner has been experiencing lack of focus in eyes (both), for about a week now. It is not double vision or seeing things, just not being able to focus on something especially letters and the smaller the harder for her to read no matter the distance. We went to an Ophthalmologist and...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that the wisdom tooth infection does not seem to be related to the eye problem, as the tooth lies in the lower jaw. I agree with the neurologist for a brain MRI in order to exclude optic neurons, although her symptoms ar...  Read Full »

I have sleepless nights and find it difficult to focus on studies. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, How to manage stress? It has been tough to focus on studies and having sleepless nights. Please suggest me with some good tips and medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Aneel Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stress has two forms, 1. Eustress, which is normal in which performance increases like in exams, tasks, and future plannings. 2. The distress which is not normal when performance decreases because we expect a lot, and we regret a lot for past and worry a lot about ...  Read Full »

How can one get motivated to study?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old male. There is not a single day when I sleep happily. And the reason is that I am not able to study. It is not that the syllabus is too tough for me. It is just that I do not sit too long and for that matter, I do not sit to study at all. I know the consequences. This...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to mention that studying, though important, is just one of the many parts of life. Do not lose confidence or be so harsh on yourself. Study smart and not more. Study in small shifts of half an hour followed by a rest of five minutes. Set sm...  Read Full »

How can a married woman concentrate on studies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old, married. My problem is that I am unable to concentrate on studies as I want to appear for exams in the coming year. Every month is getting wasted. Please help me out. I will be very thankful to you as it is a do or die situation for me.  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. I understand that focusing on high-level studies is often difficult. Since you are married, you did not mention your routine activities. Because in order to suggest something it is important to manage your time.Time management is difficult to un...  Read Full »

I have difficulty in focusing and understanding verbal instructions. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am female, 21 years of age and as weird as this sounds, I always feel like I am so overfocused that I cannot really focus. I am very slow when it comes to verbal communication, it is something I have struggled with ever since I was a child. So when someone is verbally giving me inst...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from the information you have provided that you might be suffering from an adult variant of attention deficit hyperactive disorder, inattention type. Do you also have symptoms like repetitive acts or rituals, urge to repeat words or images, repetitive handwashi...  Read Full »

How to become a more independent person?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old female. I am doing my graduation. I am a little moody, and I want to live my life in my way. I do not want my parents to bother me. Their mentality is old. They do not want to accept new generations like us. They think if I wear a short dress, it means I am characterles...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In the present situation, you should focus more on your studies and get a job as early as possible. A good job will result in independence, and this will help you in making a right decision. The difference in opinions and thinking is due to a generation gap, and this ca...  Read Full »

I sit in front of the computer for long and I am unable to focus. How can I be helped?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are feeling cold and I am unable to focus. I have been feeling this since last week. I sit in front of the computer for a long time. I do not want spectacles. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all kindly answer these questions. How many hours per day do you spend in front of a computer? Is there watering of the eye too? Are you suffering from a headache? While working on the computer, if you are working for long hours then take a break every 35 ...  Read Full »