Q. I lose focus and keep thinking about songs. What to do?

Dr. Subhan Ansari

For the past few days, songs have stuck in my head, and they do not go away. I have tried everything, such as doing other tasks, but it did not help. After hearing the songs, I worked for an hour, but I lost focus after that. What should I do to get those songs out of my head?

#

I just read your query, and I can understand what you have been going through. First, be assured that these things will go away and you should not worry about them. Second, for the song that bothers you and you are unable to get rid of it, I can provide you with few solutions. Deep breathing helps whenever you feel stuck with the song close your eyes after sitting quietly in a silent room. Inhale as much air into your lungs as you can and then resist exhaling or exhale slowly and more tenderly. Repeat it three, four times. Yoga and meditation help to distract all your impulses and preoccupations and start focusing on something of your choice and more pleasurable. Mild walk or engaging in exercise is one of the natural ways to get distracted from all kinds of anxieties. A few minutes into exercise will definitely help a lot. Talk to your friend and just relax and dial your bestie to share few things. Good sleep will definitely soothe your nerves and refresh your minds. I hope these measures will help you.

|