Q. How to recover from body weakness and infection with high pus cells at 65 years of age?

Dr. Radha. P. H
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I am a 65-year-old-women. Recently, I underwent major surgery on my left leg and left arm nine months back. Now, I am suffering from an infection with high pus cells. I have high blood pressure and sugar too. I take medicines for both these conditions. But for the last few days, I am having body weakness with a cough and runny nose. My blood pressure remains low with a range of 110/78 mmHg and I have a pulse rate of 103 beats per minute. Give some advice to recover from weakness and infection with high pus cells. I am taking medicines for my previous stroke attack. I take Valprid CR 500 and Levara 500 with Ecosprin. For blood pressure, I am taking Telpres and Zoryl for sugar.

#

Good evening to you. Sorry to hear about your problems. If you have long-standing diabetes and hypertension you will become very tired naturally when some infection sets in. The infection itself maybe because of uncontrolled diabetes. Please see that your blood sugar is near to normal levels always. It should not go down also. Hope you are having a glucometer with you to check your sugar levels regularly. The pus can be controlled only by proper antibiotics, which the doctors will be giving by taking a culture from the wound. But take good protein foods and vitamin supplements. Take a sugar-free protein powder drink and a good multivitamin and multimineral tablet daily. Also, you can have some vitamin injections, which I do not know whether your doctors there will prescribe or give. The most important thing is to avoid getting worried. It will keep on increasing your blood sugar. So be confident, happy, and leave everything in god's almighty hands. God is there and will see you through all difficulties. Take care. Regards.

|