Unhealthy Stress

How to get rid of headache, lower back pain, and knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, Two months ago, I started experiencing very bad lower back pain followed with knee pain. Initially, I felt the pain only when I walk, but now I feel it all the time. Three days ago, my stomach hurt so bad that I had to go home early. The same night, I got an excruciating headache. I went ...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like you have been overstressed and have taken your friend's incident too seriously. However, if you are sexually active, then get a urine pregnancy test done with early morning urine sample. Headache could be because of stress, strain, anxiety, work pressure, ch...  Read Full »

Can work-related stress result in Crohn's disease flare-ups?

Query: Hi There, I have a had Crohn’s Disease since I was 12yrs and I am 35yrs now. I have been off medication for over ten years and I have not had a flare up in about 5 yrs. I do still have bowel inflammation from time to time and I do have pain spasms occasionally in my lower right quadron of my abdo...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Bansari

Answer: Dear, Welcome to icliniq I can sense your concern and I know you had seen bad days during the illness. The good news is you are off treatment and still managing everything for a good 5 years. I can understand that working on the front line makes things difficult but you are at equal risk as other...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to take BP medicine lifelong?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I have recently been undergoing a lot of stress in my life in spite of following a healthy lifestyle. Sometimes, I do not even sleep for eight days continuously. A few months back, I have been diagnosed with hypertension and my BP was 160/110 mmHg. My doctor pres...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish N Garg

Cardiologist, Cardiothoracic Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stress is the main reason for your hypertension and lack of sleep. This can be treated by taking BP (blood pressure) medicines. Start doing some regular exercises as it helps in reducing the stress and BP as well. There are no effects on your sexual desires with the BP me...  Read Full »

How to help my girlfriend, who is showing behavioral changes?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend has suddenly shown some behavioral changes. I know that she loves me a lot and I am with her past the 1 year and 2 months. However, some days back, she said that she has fallen for somebody in her office, who is married and has a kid. One fine day this guy from her office as...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all I would like to tell you that such type of sudden behavior change can be observed in depressive disorders or in personality issues. Another rare possibility is some relationship issue. She has fallen for a married man and this i...  Read Full »

Is it normal for headaches to increase BP?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. My height is 5'8" and weight is 75 kg. For two weeks, I have been having a lot of gas and burping without any other discomfort. Due to my tough work schedule in the last week I slept only 3 to 4 hours every day. Now from the last four days, I am feeling pressure a...  Read Full »

Dr. Talal Hussain

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your problem and must say that it is quite a common complaint to my clinic. Here you must understand is that the hormones in our bodies have a lot of important functions including like sleep, mental well being, ability to fight infection, digestion, etc....  Read Full »

Should I fight against the harassment done by my professor?

Query: Hello, For the past nine months I have been suffering from mental trauma, because of a professor. I studied in a good college. During my first semester, I did really badly. But, then I improved a lot. As, I failed in the first semester I was told to pass that paper for my promotion to the second ye...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it seems that you are trying very hard and feel disturbed due to injustice. You want to decide whether you should take any action or not. You can solve and effectively decide about your problem by applying the following procedure. You have two solut...  Read Full »

Are my bowel disturbances caused due to stress?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 44 years old male. I have a good diet. I have been taking good care of my health for the past 20 years as my digestive tract is bad for many years. Can you review my medical records from July and compare it with my CT scan done yesterday? One thing which is confusing me is the promi...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The paraaortic lymph nodes mentioned in the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is almost in normal limit. The enlargement will become significant only if you have pain in the abdomen or fever or weight loss. There could be many causes for bowel dis...  Read Full »

Due to gas problem, I am unable to eat properly. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old male. From the last 3 to 4 years, I am having a troublesome gas problem. If I did not have food, then immediately my stomach is getting filled with gas. And so, I am unable to eat after that. I have a few other problems too. I have been getting sex thoughts in mind fr...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, we will discuss your gas problem. Our digestive system produces multiple digestive juices. In stomach acid is also formed regularly to digest your food. This acid is produced time to time according to the circadian rhythm of the body. Once you start adopting unh...  Read Full »

What does my endoscopic biopsy suggest?

Query: Hi doctor, I am working as a software professional. Recently, I had discomfort in digestion, severe bloating, gas formation and a frequent sensation of motions. I went to a gastroenterologist and he made an endoscopy and an endoscopic biopsy. The biopsy report is as below. Nature of specimen: Re...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatric Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reports of biopsy are suggestive of erosive gastritis. Razo-D, Rabeprazole is a good medicine, but you need to take it twice a day before breakfast and dinner. I also suggest Sucrase-O 2 teaspoons four times a day and a good probiotic twice a day for 10 days. Consult...  Read Full »

My mom is under stress and crying a lot. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is under stress, and she is crying a lot. Suddenly, she started making some noise repeatedly, she was not able to open her eyes, and she had trouble breathing.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any one having extreme stress will try to escape it. This is called conversion disorder, which means the brain tries to escape from extreme stress. In most of the cases, from grief. It can be prevented by anxiolytics like benzodiazepines. Regards. For more information con...  Read Full »