Q. Can a headache on one side of the head after beating the head with metallic objects in the past result in a brain tumor?

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

I frequently used to beat my head with metallic objects when I was in my 20s. I used to lose my temper and do that. But now, at the age of 33, I started developing headaches on one-sided. I am afraid it could be a brain tumor as the pain comes and goes without any reason. Can I get a brain tumor due to beating my head? What are the causes of brain tumors? Please guide me.

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

It is less likely to get a brain tumor by beating your head with metals. So, I would exclude this possibility.

You may suffer from tension-type headaches or post-concussion syndrome.

I would like to know more about your headaches.

Please answer a few questions-

1. How long does your headache last?

2. Is the pain throbbing or like pressure?

3. Is it associated with nausea or light intolerance?

I remain at your disposal in case of further questions whenever you need me.

|