Q. Why do I have a one-sided headache with nausea, heaviness, vertigo, and blurred vision?

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

I have a headache, especially on the left side, but sometimes the entire head. When the headache is severe, I have nausea, heaviness, and vertigo. And sometimes, I have blurred vision. I have got my eyes checked, and there is a difference of 0.25 in both eyes.

Kindly suggest to me what to do.

Thanks.

#

Your symptoms are suggestive of migraines. Do not worry as anything serious is going on. For this reason, I recommend discussing with your doctor the possibility of starting preventing therapy (Verapamil or Propranolol) to reduce the frequency and severity of headaches.

I hope you will find this information helpful.

Kind regards.

Thanks for the reply.

I am worried that I might be having a brain tumor. I am always worried. I am a breastfeeding mother.

Are my symptoms suggestive of a brain tumor?

Kindly help.

#

As a neurologist, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms are not related to any brain tumor. The blurring vision is a typical symptom of migraine. So, try to relax and do not worry about it.

Kind regards.

|