Unilateral Hearing Loss

Will skull fracture likely to cause hearing loss?

Query: Hello doctor, Before one and a half months ago, I had a skull fracture on the right side of my head. Is it possible to lose hearing? Because I cannot hear from my right ear since then.  Read Full »

Dr. Jagdish Chaturvedi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is possible to have hearing loss after a head injury, especially if it was as severe as in your case where it leads to a fracture. Our ear consists of three little bones called ossicles which help in taking the vibrations of sound from the ear drum to the inner ea...  Read Full »

Why is there no improvement in unilateral hearing loss even after medication?

Query: Hello doctor, For about three weeks now my right ear is not hearing properly, feels blocked some times and pains some times. My hearing has come down probably to only 30% that I can understand only when some one speaks on this ear. My other ear is fine. I consulted a GP who could not locate any inf...  Read Full »

Dr. Surabhi Chopra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the symptoms you have mentioned the condition in your right ear is called SOM (serous otitis media). It is a collection of sterile glue like fluid behind the ear drum. Nothing to worry about, and yes it takes at least four weeks to resolve but is a trea...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for headache, vertigo and partial hearing loss in right ear?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother-in-law has been experiencing severe headache, and nausea along with occasional vomiting for the last few days. He visited an MD first and subsequently an ENT specialist who advised that a nerve in his right ear has dried up and there is a partial hearing loss which is causi...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Verma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to ask you some more questions in detail so that we can reach some final diagnosis. Is your brother-in-law having fluctuating type of hearing loss that means sometimes hearing is normal and during attack hearing goes down? Is there any history of vertigo and ...  Read Full »

Please explain my hearing problem from the audiogram report.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I am having trouble with my left ear hearing. But, I never took much care to sort it. Lately, I found it is little awkward. I am having an old audiogram result with me. Please look through it and tell your advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have an almost nil hearing in the left ear (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your right ear is normal. So, all your hearing is through right ear and problem you already have is difficulty in localizing speech other than hearing loss. Unilateral heari...  Read Full »