HomeAnswersSexologyunprotected sexI ejaculated on my girlfriend's buttocks. She was on placebo pills at that time. Is there any possibility for pregnancy?

Can ejaculating on the buttocks result in pregnancy?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 22, 2023
Reviewed AtJanuary 11, 2024

Patient's Query

I ejaculated on my girlfriend's buttocks. I know that the semen was on the top part; however, she said she felt semen in her anus. She wiped it out, and she was also wearing a panty. She is worried that she might be pregnant, even though there was no intercourse. Her period came later that night. I should mention that she was on placebo pills at the time, as she is on a contraceptive pill. She is also worried because she saw some blood yesterday, and her period is due in two weeks.

Is it possible that she is pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar

Welcome to iciniq.com.

I read your query and understand your concern.

Based on the available details, there is no chance of getting pregnant. This is because:

1. The fertile period for a woman is typically around 14 days before her menstruation. Your girlfriend had only two days left for her period, which means the likelihood of being in her fertile period is very low or negligible.
  2. She had her period after the sexual activity, which further rules out pregnancy.
  3. Even if there was actual intercourse with full ejaculation in the vagina, the conclusion would remain the same.

I hope this answers you. Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions. Thanks and regards

Patient's Query

Thank you for your reply.

Are placebo pills still protective?

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar

Thanks for follow up.

Placebo pills are not intended for contraceptive protection; they are prescribed during the period when there is no risk of pregnancy. Typically, placebo pills are taken during the last week of the month, and during this time, there is no ovulation, which means there is no chance for pregnancy.

Hope this helps you.

Feel free to reach out if you have further queries.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Ashok Kumar
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Geriatrics

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

semenunprotected sex

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Sexology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy