HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologyunprotected sexAfter an unprotected sex, my partner took I-pill and her period is now delayed. Is she pregnant?

Can I-pill cause a delay in periods?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Dr. Deepti Verma

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 11, 2023
Reviewed AtDecember 13, 2023

Patient's Query

I had oral sex with my partner, it was unprotected because it was meant that way due to excitement in that process. Our private parts got rubbed with each other, it was not a penetration. I am 21 years old and my partner is 19 years old. For more precaution, she took an i-pill within 48 hours. I am just scared of pre-ejaculation. We had it last month and she took a pill within 48 hours and her period is delayed (she commonly suffers from time imbalance). Please suggest if she is safe. I need an online consultation. What should we do now? Kindly suggest.

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Oral sex does not lead to pregnancy. Pregnancy can occur only by vaginal intercourse. Moreover, since she had taken an I-pill within 72 hours of the act, there is absolutely no chance of pregnancy. The periods will come within one to two weeks. There is nothing to worry about. Hope you found the answer helpful.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Deepti Verma
Dr. Deepti Verma

Fetal Medicine

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy