Q. Can unprotected sex without ejaculation inside vagina cause pregnancy?

Dr. Vidya

My wife had her last periods 15 days back. The period lasted for about four days. We had a sexual contact a week later. She had her periods completed on Tuesday, and we had this on Thursday, and it was not intercourse. I was not able to penetrate her and was only sliding against the outer lining. Since it was unprotected, so as soon as I got the feeling of ejaculating, I withdrew. After that, I ejaculated outside. But I have a little doubt that maybe a drop or so might have come out when I felt like ejaculating and may have got on her outer vagina or slightly inner vagina. Are there any chances of getting pregnant? I doubt because of a drop that might have come out. She has a regular cycle of 28 to 30 days.

#

There is almost no chance of pregnancy in your case if you are sure that the drop of semen just touched the outer vagina. Pregnancy happens only on penetration intercourse with some volume of semen ejaculated inside into the vagina. Practically, I feel there is no chance of pregnancy. Also, the time period that you had intercourse is her safe period and not the fertile window which further reduces chance of conception. There is no need to worry regarding pregnancy or even take a contraception.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I hope since she was in her safe period, she does not get pregnant. I am sure, but even in worst case if just a drop might have got in the inner wall of the vagina because penetration did not happen, there is no chance of pregnancy as she was in her safe period.

#

You do not have to worry.

|