Q. Certain fluid is coming out of vagina after unprotected sex. Is I-pill required?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Published on Jun 15, 2018

I had unprotected sex yesterday but my partner is not sure if he withdrew on time. Today morning I felt certain fluid coming out of my vagina. Should I take an I-pill to avoid pregnancy? Will it cause any side effects in later stages? My menstrual date is around 7th of each month. Also, I have PCOD so will the contraceptive pill cause any problem? Please advice.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It would be better if you take regular cyclic contraceptives instead of emergency for few months generally. At present emergency contraceptive pills to be taken to be on safe side as millions of sperms in 1 to 2 most of semen and only one sperm enough to give pregnancy, if things go well at each step.

Emergency and hormonal contraceptives have hormones so every hormone have its effects and it is not necessary that body get all side effect for every individual. It might be possible you would have irregular, unscheduled bleeding for some time. After taking emergency pills, withdrawal bleeding after 1 to 2 weeks is most commonly observed. In addition, mood variations, breast tenderness, abdominal fullness can be observed.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Will I-pill tablet work if taken two hours after the act?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 25 years old and she had her period on the 14th of last month. On the 1st of this month, while having intercourse, unfortunately, the condom broke. She had taken I-pill within two hours. Can you please advise if the tablet will work or not?  Read Full »

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »

I have PCOD from the last 10 years. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25, married and sexually active. I suffered from PCOD for a while, took all sorts of allopathic and homeopathic medicines and when I got scanned two months ago, PCOD was not found. I thought this is the end of my problem but, still, my periods are irregular. Last time, I was la...  Read Full »