Q. Had sex during my periods. Am I safe?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 21, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had unprotected sex on the third day of my periods while I was still bleeding. Within an hour I took an emergency contraceptive pill as well. Is it safe or will I be a pregnant? Please explain me.

#

• It is very unlikely to get pregnant while on period.
  • There is no need of emergency contraceptive pill. But, now that 1% chance is also out of the question.
  • Do not worry, you are safe. But there is a possibility that you might get irregular periods for the next two to three months, because of the pill.
  • I would not suggest you to take these pills frequently as later on they may cause severe hormonal disturbance and eventually can hamper fertility.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|