Q. Having white discharge and bleeding after unsafe sex. What does it indicate?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 12, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 27, 2019

I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend. Her regular period was on 17th of every month. We had an affair on the 16th day. She is 18 years old. After 19 hours of sex, she took an i-pill. Now she is having some white discharge and bleeding with clots. Please help us.

#

You have had sex with her in her fertile period, and chances of pregnancy were practically high in that period. She has rightly taken I-pill within 72 hours which shall prevent pregnancy.

The present clots and discharge which generally starts by 4 to 5 days after the intake of pill which indicates a withdrawal bleed. It is expected to occur shedding the endometrium completely thereby preventing pregnancy.

If she is changing 3 to 5 pads daily, then it is normal and expected to occur. So, just wait and allow the bleeding to complete and then reduce over the next few days.

|